Notices

hopefully gettin a crx

Old 09-05-2004, 06:14 AM
maximus83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hopefully gettin a crx

I hoping to get my hands on a crx soon. I don't know much about hondas seeing I went from a mustang to wrx but I plan on doing a ls swap into it since I heard they have low compression then turboing it. I was wondering where are good places to get my hands on parts for crx's I also wanna do soem body stuff to it like a jdm front, some rota slipstreams, I just dont know any places/good places to find the stuff for hondas
Old 09-05-2004, 06:18 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

check out our site sponsors b/c many offer coupons for HAN members

for rota wheels try www.machiii.net or revolution motorsports as they are distributors and you can get great deals from them

as for turboing an ls do a search on this board especially in the engine tech forum as we have some members who have been building n/a & fi honda engines for decades
Old 09-05-2004, 06:21 AM
maximus83

I have started reading up on it I thought ls turbos where the way to go
Old 09-05-2004, 07:15 AM
maximus83

also what is the widest rim/tire I can stuff under these cars?
Old 09-05-2004, 04:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

ls is a great platform for turbo b/c it's lower compression and factory bulletproof reliability...it is one of the better engines too boost in stock trim

depends on how wild you want to get...if you flare the fenders you can fit some wide tires in there but most usually go with a 6.5in - 7in wide tire...it also depends on what you plan on doing with the car...daily driver, road racer, autox, drag racer, etc.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:23 PM
ricecar boy

i have a crx and the biggest tire\rim combo i could do was a 17\7
Old 09-06-2004, 01:08 AM
blownCivic

Originally Posted by maximus83
I hoping to get my hands on a crx soon. I don't know much about hondas seeing I went from a mustang to wrx but I plan on doing a ls swap into it since I heard they have low compression then turboing it. I was wondering where are good places to get my hands on parts for crx's I also wanna do soem body stuff to it like a jdm front, some rota slipstreams, I just dont know any places/good places to find the stuff for hondas
hopefully you shouldnt get the CRX
Old 09-06-2004, 02:19 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

If you want Rota wheels, PM "Cashis EG8," he is a HAN approved vendor of them.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:44 AM
Fire
wanna run

Originally Posted by blownCivic
hopefully you shouldnt get the CRX
Forget that. If you like crx(s), then go for it. They are a fun car to build with mods out the ying yang available to you. They are light as hell and can hold the b series wonderfully. They handle great, bad ass as hell for a box or whatever system you like, and you never have to haul more than one friend around at any given time. Ive had an ITR, 03 si, 99 si, s2000, 93 prelude h22, three crx(s), and an 1982 civic hb. My favorite and I still have one, is for various reasons the CRX. Yeah im nuts. The s2000 and itr were great (high payments =( ). The H22 was a blast. The most fun was my crx(s). The downfall? girlfriends hated em. maybe thats part of my love for the little bastards.