Notices

slipping clutch

Old 09-03-2004, 03:14 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slipping clutch

I recently completed a B16A2 swap in my '91 CRX Si. The engine runs great and the electronics are fine, the only problem is my clutch slips... I bought the HASport hydro->cable conversion and it seems like the problem is the converter; it just doesn’t have enough throw... When the clutch pedal is all the way down there is just enough release to allow me to put it in gear, and when the clutch is released all the way it slips a little. If i adjust it one way I cant put it in gear, if i adjust it the other it slips even more. The pressure plate and flywheel are both new so this shouldn't be happening. Is there a way to adjust the amount of throw on the clutch cable or even convert the car from cable to hydro? The slipping clutch isn’t letting me get the real power from the engine and I don’t want to have to replace it every 5,000 miles because of the slipping.
Any help would be great.

btw here's the car

more pictures at www.cardomain.com/id/applesausesi
Old 09-03-2004, 08:07 PM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Is that the WestWings bodykit(looks like it)? Clean car mang
Oh...sorry, no clutch info, I ain't gotta clue 'bout that stuff.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:47 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

yes its the WW, thanks for the comps but i really need some help on this clutch thing, it's really bugging me.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:23 AM
slammed91-hatch

there should be quite a bit of adjustment on the clutch cable where the cable goes to the tranny. that's the only adjustment i know of. I had to modify my stock cable on my ls swap to give it more adjustment, i just cut away part of the housing and moved the threaded part up to give me more. Hope that helps any.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:35 AM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

thats the part i have adjusted. if i move it one way the clutch slips more, and if i move it the other way i cant get it in gear... its in the "best" location so i can put it in gear, but the clutch still slips a little. I am still using the cars clutch cable, i have heard of people swaping it with the '93 integra cable, is this necessary?