Notices

New to this forum, bought a CRX last week

Old 06-25-2004, 07:06 PM
5gdxguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum, bought a CRX last week

Hello all. I don't post too much on HAN, more reading and learning for me. I've owned a 94 civic coupe as my daily driver since '02. My coupe has AEM cai, exhaust, gutted interior (I do construction so i figured why not keep it clean) Last week I think I got a pretty killer deal on a '91 CRX HF.
Body isn't so hot, but nothing that can't be fixed. Interior is fair except the seats are chewed in the usual spot. Frame is solid as can be.
It's got the stock d15b6. Starts up but runs a little rough due to the fact that the car has sat for two years. Also came with AEM CAI, DC Sports 4-2-1 header (which will be on my coupe this weekend ), no cat (lol), GREDDY cat-back exhaust.
Also has brand new tires mounted on 13" steelies, and brand new gas struts for the hatch. No stereo but polk audio component system and rear speakers
Here's the kicker... I paid only $200
I'm planning on trying to get the suspension (suggestions?) and brakes (rear discs) done before winter. Next, I'm going to finish rebuilding a b18a1 I picked up for my coupe but never got around to doing. Also, i have a t25 turbo, 2g dsm smic, 1g BOV, and other miscellaneous turbo parts i acquired originally for the coupe.
I think I've got enough stuff to keep me busy til about next year . Just thought i would kinda introduce myself. Any suggestions tips would be welcome and very appreciated. Later
Old 06-26-2004, 12:07 AM
S2Kev

Cool. Welcome to the pre92 forum. Nice deal on the crx hf.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:21 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow d00d, it looks like you have your sequence pretty much planned out. That's such an awesome deal. The aftermarket parts it came with alone are worth like 3 times that much. Skunk 2 makes a good suspension kit, but people seem to love Teins for some reason. I don't know a whole lot about brakes, but there's alot of good sponsors on HAN that have really good deals for them. Post some pics sometime man, I'm looking forward to seeing her. :thumbup:
Old 06-26-2004, 04:51 AM
5gdxguy

Well, I'm waiting for my father to get home in about an hour. He's going to help me get that header out and put on my coupe. I'll try to get some pics up after that.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=138867

Here's some pics of the coupe a few months ago after an icicle destroyed the front clip. I fixed it since then. I'll post a few pics of that as well, see what you guys think of my DIY ghetto collision work LOL.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:07 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

thats awesome. Drive the crx while yu really trick the coupe. I think I might try that.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:39 PM
5gdxguy

Actually, I think I'm just going to stick with basic bolt-ons (I/H/E) on the coupe, maybe turbo if I get bored. I think most of the work is going to go into the CRX.

As I said, I have a b18a1 I'm currently rebuilding for boost. Hardest part is trying to find the time and the money. Seems like when I have one, I severely lack the other. But I really want to do the swap right, and not waste time or money by pushing anything too fast (i think that makes sense). I would really hate to get it done and then blow the motor the first week its in.

Anyway, thought i would post a few pics of my coupe and the CRX. so here they are...

First one is the coupe,second is the header I pulled from the crx, installed in the coupe. Third and fourth are the CRX. I think it was a pretty good deal. Sorry for quality, I had to use my younger brother's camera phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
27746274309_0.jpg (29.6 KB, 7 views)
27746393605_0.jpg (30.0 KB, 7 views)
27746527109_0.jpg (28.2 KB, 13 views)
27746651269_0.jpg (34.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-27-2004, 06:26 PM
SonY:)AccOrd
GOSU