Notices

:FAQ: How to Remove CRX / Civic Steering Wheel

Old 03-13-2004, 06:05 PM
crxforum
... in my pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :FAQ: How to Remove CRX / Civic Steering Wheel

Yes my interior is white and I hate it. Anyways here is the FAQ.

Step #1:

Start by removing the 'H' in the center of the steering wheel. You can use a small screwdriver to get behind it and pry it out. Just a note; if you press to hard trying to get the screwdriver behind there you will blow your horn, and your neighbors don't like that at 1am.

Step #2:

Look down the hole behind the 'H'. You will see a bolt down there. It is 19mm.

Step #3:

Next take a ratchet, with a 19mm socket on the end, and place it down the hole. It helps to turn the bolt if you lock the steering wheel. Then get out of the car and grab the wheel with one hand and the ratchet with another. Then put as much pressure on the ratchet because the bolt is a bitch.

Step #4:

All that is left is to remove the wheel. Just tug a bit and it should come right off with no problem at all.

Tip:
Make sure the wheel is straight up and down and that when you put the wheel back on you are placing it correctly in the same position exactly in the teeth as it was when you took it off. Preperation will save you alot of problems in the end.

CRX Forum
Old 03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Louse76
Team Teg Project Car

Oh hell yeah that looks SUPER EASY! I assumed it would be a bitch! I've been meaning to get a better condition steering wheel and I also have to get in there because i messed up the horn connection trying to put that stupid metal ring on for the trim around the steering column.

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:45 AM
A_PHOBIA

the crx/civic is the easiest steering wheel's to get off.aside from vw's there are no sensors to cut and rewire.no fuses to pull nothing.its a verry simple process
Old 03-15-2004, 09:22 AM
mullinator

Some wheels won't come off after you've removed that nut. A steering wheel puller is ~$5USD at any auto parts store. -scott