Notices

Heater Core....

Old 01-06-2004, 07:29 AM
girlsrace2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Core....

Well I'm new here so I thought maybe someone could help me out!

The heater core just went out on my b/f's 90 CRX and I was wondering how long it would take to change?
Any info would be great!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:23 AM
slammed91-hatch

wish my girl helped work on my car! I dunno the answer though...someone will here soon i'm sure.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:49 AM
jc836

Sorry to tell you that this is not the easiest project. A CRX heater core is buried behind the center console and dash. So a lot of things have to come out. It is almost easier to take the dash out. I'll hazard that you are looking at a full day overall. Meantime the heater can be bypassed by taking the hoses off it and putting a coupler on them for now-if you live in a nicer climate.
Good luck
Old 11-27-2005, 10:10 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

Originally Posted by jc836
Sorry to tell you that this is not the easiest project. A CRX heater core is buried behind the center console and dash. So a lot of things have to come out. It is almost easier to take the dash out. I'll hazard that you are looking at a full day overall. Meantime the heater can be bypassed by taking the hoses off it and putting a coupler on them for now-if you live in a nicer climate.
Good luck
my civic is loosing coolant and its coming up behind my head unit. obviously this seems like it would be the heater core right? if i bypass it like your saying, i need to take the hose out, can cap it where the hose into on each side? sorry, i just didnt understand it the way it was said above? how bad would this make the car overheat?
Originally Posted by slammed91-hatch
wish my girl helped work on my car! I dunno the answer though...someone will here soon i'm sure.
btw, my girl works at a tire shop and helps me work on my car all time. she basically does my brakes. i dont really enjoy brakes.