Notices

operation BLOW UP carb honda block

Old 12-30-2003, 08:02 PM
itechengineers
PC's_N_CaR_EnGiNEeRiNGMaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey hey hey... see this is sparking interest.... I got a few friends with 51 chevys and plymouths and such.... now they're curious on how to squeeze more power out of their muscle big block carb'd setup.... so i thought if a muscle car... why not an importer! how about this..... has anyone ever heard of an electronically controlled carb'd honda? here's the deal.... We (my friend and I) ran into someone selling motors... he's got a d15 out of a 90 ish hatch with a 4 speed trannie... he says its a carb'd setup but on the intake manifold it has the imprint PGM-FI.... am i stupid or does that mean Programmed Fuel injection? which brouht me to think... hey edlebrok has electronically controlled carb's.... has honda attempted to introduce that within their 89s to 90ish's hatches? input... i need input... I know someone with a junk yard... so if i can I'll actually attemp a carb to fuel injected swap on this 12 vavle head? heres a question... does anyone think a d15 series 16 vavle head would sit on this d15 series 12 valve headed block?
Old 12-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Ok, the electronic carb you are talking about is not a carb, it is dual point throttle body fuel injection. The throttle body is mounted like a carb, on a manifold that looks like a carb manifold, but it is an electronic fuel injection system.

As for an FI conversion, you need a lot of parts from an 85-87 CRX Si. It has a 12v fuel injection setup, you'll need all the wiring, fuel lines, fuel tank, head, intake manifold, the electronics with ECU, and more. It's very time consuming for what little you get out of it.

To use an 88+ 16v head, the entire car needs to be rewired to OBD-0 because you have to use the 88-91 distributor. That is a major PITA.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:25 PM
90TGP

NOS 250 Shot Dual Stage Fogger Set-Up. It'll probably weld your pistons to your block.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:12 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by 90TGP
NOS 250 Shot Dual Stage Fogger Set-Up. It'll probably weld your pistons to your block.
Probably blow the welds on his intake manifold too.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:17 AM
crxb16er

and shoot the valves thru the cover and up into the hood... lol but whatever floats ur boat