Notices

Zc???????

Old 12-15-2003, 05:21 PM
PRojecT....REX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zc???????

On one of my earlier thread's, I asked what engine i should swap into my CRX, and u guy's told me a zc engine..So, what would i find a ZC engine in, and what all would i need to do the swap.....???/ Thanx
Old 12-15-2003, 06:00 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

ZCs came in the JDM Civic and CRX Si.

http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/zc.html
Old 12-16-2003, 07:49 AM
crxb16er

they also came in the uk rover, for a hf crx you would need engine and ecu (if u want to use ur existing tranny axles hubs... which i dont suggest cuz itll be really weak but cheap). for the dx u need the same and a dpfi-mpfi swap in addition to engine ecu. for si you just need engine and ecu. the prefered swap is to use the zc tranny with the engine. so engine tranny ecu and acura integra 90-91 non abs axles with a zc intermediary shaft. if ur swapping into an hf then u need to swap out the nuckles and hubs in order to receive the integra axles with crx dx si or civic dx ex or si hubs. if that doesnt make sense let me know what car uve got and ill explain more
Old 12-16-2003, 07:58 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

does the zc need/have the same pline count as a b16? like could i use my 93 teg axles and knuckles for a zc? im considering boosting a zc and sellin my all motor setup...

what other parts would swap over for the zc from the b16? like maybe harness/ecu...i know the tranny wont.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:49 AM
jlicrx

Originally posted by malfuncion
does the zc need/have the same pline count as a b16? like could i use my 93 teg axles and knuckles for a zc? im considering boosting a zc and sellin my all motor setup...

what other parts would swap over for the zc from the b16? like maybe harness/ecu...i know the tranny wont.
i assume you swapped out the knuckles/hubs to run integra axles with the B16 - what you have will work with any L3 transmission - axles for the ZC depend on what transmission you use - if you use ZC transmission, you need 90-93 integra axles and ZC intermediate shaft - if you use any other L3 transmission (DX, Si or HF) you use the 88-91 Si or DX axles - assuming you had OBD0 B16, you could use your harness (with some minor modifications) - you will need a different ECU
Old 12-16-2003, 09:09 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

:werd: thanks

i was thinking of using a stock hf tranny b/c im wantin to boost it....any other ideas/opinions?

what does a zc redline at?
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM
crxb16er

zc redlines at 7200 which is the factory setting with the zc ecu but most ppl use an integra ecu which has a richer fuel map which will cut at 7800 which ive had no problems with (but id suggest getting the valves down to the tight end of spec b4 u do anything like that, cuz floating valves at that speed will ruin ur valve train. id suggest against the hf tranny, ive got a spare one in my garage and probably wont ever use it, its good to get the zc tranny with the engine the gear ratios are great, very close together which will keep good exhaust velocity pressure at all times at the higher rpms which is great for spooling that turbo setup
Old 12-17-2003, 11:56 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

indeed. great tips and info. thanks
Old 12-19-2003, 08:57 PM
WhiteRice

You're in for a word of hurt if you constantly run your ZC up to 7800 rpms. I'd recommend against this or kiss your $500 investment bye bye.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:43 AM
crxb16er

i havent had any problems but then again im the type of driver that rarely runs it that high, mostly switch at below 6.5k but every once in a while balls out can be fun. anytime at redline can be dangerous, but yes running it at higher than redline for any long period of time or quite frequently will ruin ur investment.