Notices

Vigor engine specs

Old 11-23-2004, 04:56 PM
IIGNATII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 93 vigor. I needed a car to get to and from work. I was very suprised at how quick it was. I have a v8 lincoln ls and riving the vigor was not disappointing. I love this car it is gorgeous.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:31 AM
greenphant
93 Vigor GS

I've quickly become a Vigor enthusiast as of last June when I purchsed my 93 Vigor GS. I came from a 90 Accord EX - so the changes were small, but the Vigor is really a more posh, quick car with that extra cylinder. Thankfullly (knocking on wood) I haven't had to do much engine work outside of basic maintenance - since my engine only has about 97,000 miles on - it had been replaced in 1997 due to a crazy road accident - I was really pleased to buy it from the original owner who had every last scrap of paperwork from the dealer who maintained it. Anyway - I love this car and I'm glad we've got a Vigor forum going on in here!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:55 PM
ZstephanoZ

actually i believe the vig was RWD because when my grandpa owned his the engine went from front to back, which would make it an excellent drift car aside from it being 4 door and a little heavy.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:41 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by ZstephanoZ
actually i believe the vig was RWD because when my grandpa owned his the engine went from front to back, which would make it an excellent drift car aside from it being 4 door and a little heavy.
No, it was FWD. The 2nd gen Legend, 1st gen RL and Vigor all had their motors mounted north + south with long front fenders that made it look RWD. It used three halfshafts to power the front wheels.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:18 PM
ZstephanoZ

cool, didnt know that, i used to have a truck so naturally i assumed north south= RWD