Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vigor:
176hp
170 ft/lbs tq
engine code: G25a
Old 02-06-2004, 02:00 PM
qtiger

We really do have a Vigor forum. Give it some lovins.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:21 AM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

Originally Posted by qtiger
We really do have a Vigor forum. Give it some lovins.
i know, i was like :hugglez: when I saw a thread actually on the VIGOR

YESH
Old 02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

From my own dreaded exprience having to work on them, and the early TL (which some had the vigor engine) I absolutely hate them. It's not that bad of a car but working on them makes me want to quit and try Mcdonalds for a career. Last one i worked on the guy hit a curb or whatevr and the oil pan was smashed and cracked. Anyways oil pans shouldn't be too hard right? try again. It took around 18 hours to change it out. the whole front end had to come out. I dunno what the hell they were thinking when designing the engine/transmission layout. Know any other cars where the axle goes through the oil pan?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:50 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by hondatech
From my own dreaded exprience having to work on them, and the early TL (which some had the vigor engine) I absolutely hate them. It's not that bad of a car but working on them makes me want to quit and try Mcdonalds for a career. Last one i worked on the guy hit a curb or whatevr and the oil pan was smashed and cracked. Anyways oil pans shouldn't be too hard right? try again. It took around 18 hours to change it out. the whole front end had to come out. I dunno what the hell they were thinking when designing the engine/transmission layout. Know any other cars where the axle goes through the oil pan?
I concour, the motors are kind of a pain in the ass. But you get used to them.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:14 AM
revohn

anyone have vigors videos?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:56 PM
filmpunk18

i have some videos of the vigor. I have a couple of vigors drifting and a couple of the commercials that were around during the time it was being sold. I think the vigors numbers are actually higher than acura listed them. The rumor is Acura lowered the horse power and torque numbers so that the vigor wouldn't out sell the legend. Its supposedly closer to 200hp 190 torque. I believe its 200/ 190. Vigors also have a dual stage intake. One day i noticed a significant "boost" in power at mid-high rpms and was wondering what it was. Asked the guys on yahoo acuravigorandlegend club and they told me about it. Basically there are 2 pathways into the intake manifold, at low rpms it only uses 1 of the pathways, but at 5200 RPMs the ECU opens up the 2nd pathway allowing for high end power. I lined up w/ an integra GS and ROMPED him i didn't even have to shift to 3rd gear before he gave up. Mugen actually made some headers for it, but those are EXTREMELY hard to come by.... i doubt there are even any in the united states. Ohh yeah.... mines a 5spd too
Old 03-26-2004, 09:06 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by filmpunk18
i have some videos of the vigor. I have a couple of vigors drifting and a couple of the commercials that were around during the time it was being sold. I think the vigors numbers are actually higher than acura listed them. The rumor is Acura lowered the horse power and torque numbers so that the vigor wouldn't out sell the legend. Its supposedly closer to 200hp 190 torque. I believe its 200/ 190. Vigors also have a dual stage intake. One day i noticed a significant "boost" in power at mid-high rpms and was wondering what it was. Asked the guys on yahoo acuravigorandlegend club and they told me about it. Basically there are 2 pathways into the intake manifold, at low rpms it only uses 1 of the pathways, but at 5200 RPMs the ECU opens up the 2nd pathway allowing for high end power. I lined up w/ an integra GS and ROMPED him i didn't even have to shift to 3rd gear before he gave up. Mugen actually made some headers for it, but those are EXTREMELY hard to come by.... i doubt there are even any in the united states. Ohh yeah.... mines a 5spd too
I'm dyoning mine for grins if I get the time. I had no idea about the Mugen headers.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

Originally Posted by filmpunk18
i have some videos of the vigor. I have a couple of vigors drifting
i didnt know Vigors could drift being FWD and all...
?????????????????????????????????????????????
:db: