Notices

Changing rear speakers in '94 Vigor

Old 10-20-2006, 10:17 AM
rawraws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing rear speakers in '94 Vigor

One of the rear speakers in my Vigor is blown so I'm trying to figure out how to change it. I see in the trunk you can unbolt them from there but it looks like they have to be removed from the inside of the car. Do the speaker covers just pop off or is there some trick to this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:27 PM
adK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing rear speakers in '94 Vigor

needin tunes as I do, you may have already figured this out over the past month or so.

the '93 factory service manual offers the following:

1) remove the three screws from the trunk side, then remove the speaker cover.

2) remove the four [exposed] screws, then disconnect the connector from the speaker and remove the speaker.

3) install in the reverse order of removal.

dassit!
nothing more except an illustration showing what’s described above. i’ve never done this in my ’93, but from the illustration, it seems that the speaker cover is press-fit in place. it looks like prying the cover upward at it’s rear outboard “corner” might, as you say, "pop it off.” maybe a bent butterknife with its working face covered with a cloth could be used as a pry. wood tools wood be safer, i guess.
in the FSM steps for removing the front tweeters/covers, it says, “carefully pry the tweeter out of the dashboard…”; so “prying” sounds like it might be an acceptable factory service procedure.
luck.
@