Notices

engine jerks on acceleration

Old 07-11-2007, 05:11 AM
urbanhopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cel light flickered once or twice just after the tune up. then again a few days later. Then it came on and it was reset with cyl 1&3 misfire. then again a few days later, same cyl. now it's on steady.

I'm going to try to pull the coils & plugs to have a look-see tonight. I may swap them to poistions 4&6 and reset again.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I would start out by swapping back the coil/plugs with the old set and see if they problem would go away. If it does, then you'll know something is wrong with the new coil/plugs, if not, then it is something else.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Yober

The car jerking came back several months after my last posting here.
Lately in addition to this jerking some strange sounds started to appear. The sounds like crackle of a cardboard or plastic bag under the tires . I took it to mechanic. He drove tested and stated that between 3-rd and 4-th gear the trany disks slips.
I took my TL to another mechanic shop where they drive tested with the computer attached. The result - serious problem with the trany.
So I just bought 2 days ago used trany with 42K on it. Next week am taking my TL to mechanic to swap the trany.

I heard that there is a way to get from Honda compensation for the trany exchange. I would really appreciate some hints.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally Posted by Yober
The car jerking came back several months after my last posting here.
Lately in addition to this jerking some strange sounds started to appear. The sounds like crackle of a cardboard or plastic bag under the tires . I took it to mechanic. He drove tested and stated that between 3-rd and 4-th gear the trany disks slips.
I took my TL to another mechanic shop where they drive tested with the computer attached. The result - serious problem with the trany.
So I just bought 2 days ago used trany with 42K on it. Next week am taking my TL to mechanic to swap the trany.

I heard that there is a way to get from Honda compensation for the trany exchange. I would really appreciate some hints.
Did you read the 3 stickied posts on the top of the forum page?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.