Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

CD player install problems

Old 09-24-2003, 04:02 AM
usmckill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player install problems

Hey guys, I recently tried to install a new cd player in place of the JVC unit that came with my 1997 Civic EX when I bought it. I went through the whole install process and everything was fine. The new cd player, a Sony Xplode CDX-M600 and the JVC both use the same configuration and plug for the wiring harness. I installed the new Sony one just for good measure. When I plugged the Sony in it powered up just fine. So, I put a CD in and it starts spinning, but it does not play anything through the speakers except the beep when I press buttons. So, I took the Sony out and replaced the JVC and it plays just fine, I can hear the CDs when I put them in. So I tried the Sony again and does the same thing. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? Thanks a ton!
-Tim
Old 09-24-2003, 05:01 AM
oneslowrex

Do you have amplifiers in your car? The sony and jvc plugs are the same for the older models, but the wires are in different positions, (fronts and rears are switched). The sony also uses 2 remote turn on leads, one for power antenna only and one for amp turn on. The jvc only has an amp turn on. Hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:43 PM
toyman99

Pioneer, JVC, SONY, Kenwood all used the same 16 pin plug for a while. It will PLUG IN. But the wires are all in DIFFERENT LOCATIONS and if you plug it in, it will burn out. USE THE ORIGINAL harness that came with your radio.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:26 PM
usmckill

Before I did anything, I made sure that all the wires were in fact in the same place, so there is no problem there.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:20 AM
toyman99

No, you misjudged. We have all the harnesses in stock and we know for a fact they are different.

Otherwise we will be selling ONE 16 pin harness. If it was JVC/SONY harness, the application will be JVC/SONY but there is a different harness for each manufacturer.