Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Lights dont work with alarm

Old 09-15-2003, 05:47 PM
AccordCoup94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights dont work with alarm

hi. i have been having this problem for awhile now. you know how the auxilary lights are supposed to come on when you "disarm" your car alarm? i blew the "small light" fuse awhile back because i forgot to seal up the orange wire from my radio install and since then, it stopped working. i replaced the "small light" fuse located under the hood and my lights work normally, but they dont blink when i use my alarm. is there another seperate fuse or something on the alarm brain?
Old 09-17-2003, 08:27 AM
toyman99

BAD NEWS FOR YOU <---

the output circuit of alarms are supposed to blink PARKING lights only. NOT power headlights or foglights. The parking lights are like 5 watts, 12 volt bulbs. Your foglights are probably 55 watts.

When your fuse blew, the parkign light output of your alarm also blew at the same time. ITS NOT MEANT to handle or drive that kind of load, it was never designed that way
Old 03-16-2004, 04:52 AM
john666
Drive it like u stole it.

Check 2 fuses near the brain of the alarm.. The brain depending on your car is usally located above your pedals.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:03 PM
vsokolov
Mobile Electronics of NY

defently alarm fuse bluw have nothing to do with fog light cause they work thru relays