Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

I put 2 12's in my rsx.... amp turning off?

Old 09-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I put 2 12's in my rsx.... amp turning off?

My rsx had a single pioneer 12" sub. I know alot of people don't favor pioneer but we get them through our shop and actually get a really good deal. I have an older (about 4 years old) 1100 watt 4 channel amp. I took the single 12 out and added the 2 12's. This is how I wired it.

now when my bass hits very hard at all it is like the amp turns off for a second and then turns back on and it starts working again. And, when I shut off my car, or just the stereo I can hear the subs make a noice. Like it sends a quick jolt of power to it... Does anyone know what I need to do? or should I take it to a real stereo shop.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 05:40 PM
97teg

list if the speakers are dual voice coils or not, what impedence the speakers are and specs and model number of the amp. The load may be too low for the subs but hard to tell with out knowing more about the equipment. Look at the lights on the amp and if the protection light is coming on its probably because of the load. The other thing i can think of is that your amp is taking more power than the car can provide.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

um.. they are dual voice coil. Don't know all that other stuff though. Maybe I can find out.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it might be a short, check the speaker wires from the amp, and definitely check the negative cable...
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net