Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

03 Accord lx rear speakers replacement

Old 09-08-2003, 11:25 PM
xbajbusx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord lx rear speakers replacement

hi i got 03 accord lx i will like to go and replace the rear speakers anybody have how -to and i'm keeping the stock radio what speakers should i get.
thank you
Old 09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
ahvl

I have 03 Accord too, and I already replaced all speakers with premium ones plus an amp; still keep stock head unit. For your rear speakers, they are 6x9 coaxial speaks, and you can find them almost every stereo deaker.

It is easy to replace them yourself. Lift up the cover speakers. They are a bit tight because they are secured by plastic snap-in nuts; 4 of them. Use a screw driver to loose them out.

You can also go to the trunk, look under rear deck, and push those plastic snap-ins up to release the cover. You also need to cut out the foam seal under the cover. The remaining part is so simple, and I guess you know what you are going to do.

Good luck!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:40 PM
cheerful_ppl

Hi 'ahvi',

Just wondering how to run an amp to the factory radio, as you know it is impossible to change the head unit of new Accord.

Also how to do the wiring for the 'remote' lead of the amp.

I want to connect a sub to the stock stereo.

Thanks