Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Updating

Old 08-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Woodmyster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updating

Im thinking about updating my stereo. Just adding new speakers to the stock hu and a sub using a line level converter. My question is can I use 4ohm speakers on the stock hu, or is it wired to like 1ohm or somthing internally? And also thinking on adding a sub or two in the back, has anyone done this using the stock hu, and how does it sound? Thanks
Old 08-25-2003, 10:23 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

4 ohm speakers are fine, but the sound will not be that much different.

Line-level connectors are OK for subs.

Personally, I'd replace the stock deck before the speakers. That would make a much more noticeable improvement.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:02 AM
Woodmyster

Thats what I was thinking also. Do you reccomend any cheap HU's for under 100? I guess I should keep my eye out in the fourms also, thankz...
Old 08-26-2003, 11:09 AM
97teg

If you only have 100 i say wait untill you have enough to buy a decent deck so you won't have to replace it and end up spending more. You may be able to get a decent used one on ebay for 100. I think with a line level you loose the ability to use the rear speakers too i think. If you have the line level attached to the rear speakers.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Woodmyster

Its not like I have more then that But its that I dont want to spend more then that on a HU. I got some pretty decent ones for 50 (Sony, Alpine) so it could happen. Ill keep looking, thanks...
Old 08-26-2003, 02:42 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Well, I just bought a pretty decent used Pioneer cd player (DEH-P6400) off of another forum for $100 shipped for my friend's caddy. So if you don't mind used or the risks of online purchasing, then definitely start looking for a deck...:thumbup: