Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Opinions on this player?

Old 08-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Accord96
Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this player?

Im in the market for an inexpensive cd player, and after searching the local electronic stores, i came up with this one which i think is pretty decent. http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...k_12&oid=68964

It sells for $299.99, with free installation, which is a plus considering i dont have a large amount of money to spend.

I was just wondering if any of you had any opinions/advice?
Old 08-25-2003, 04:14 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Looks like a decent deck.

However, free install is for the labor only. They will still charge you $20 for a wire harness and another $20-30 for the installaion kit. So figure in another $40-50 on top of what you pay + tax.

The same wire harness and kit can be bought at Walmart for under $20. :thumbup:
Old 08-25-2003, 09:23 PM
strychnine
i am legend

if you arent hell bent against doing it yourself they have it on crutchfield.com for the same price with free shipping and i think they send the wiring harness and step by step instructions free. I dont see myself spending that much on a head unit, but i guess im just cheap.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Accord96
Lurker

Well, id get a player from crutchfield and do it myself, but the thing is my friend whom i trusted far too much at the time said he could install a head unit he had laying around the house. 4 hours lots of frustration later, he not only wasnt able to install the new one in, but ****ed up the wiring so bad i cant install the old stock unit back in:doh: So i basically have no choice but to have professionals install this one, cuz i have no idea whatsoever how to fix the mess he made of my wiring...
Old 08-26-2003, 02:44 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

If he did cut up all the stock wiring, then CC will just have to directly connect the new deck's wiring to the car's wires (meaning no need for a wire harness). BUT, you'd still have to pay for the install kit.