Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

which speakers, where?

Old 08-13-2003, 02:13 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which speakers, where?

JL Audio XR-650-CS (component set)
JL Audio VR-650-CX (coaxial)

1994 Integra without tweeter mounts on the door. dont know which set would sound better in the front, which in the rear.

and where would be a good place to mount the tweeters?
Old 08-13-2003, 03:48 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

and one more question, my car came with a 200 watt Optimus amp... not hooked to anything is that 200 peak or RMS? my speakers are 75 watt constant power so i wondered if i could run a pair with it
Old 08-13-2003, 04:00 PM
97teg

xr's are the better set im pretty sure. They are the higher line i would put the components in the front. If you really don't want to drill new holes for the tweets you can mount them right infront of the mid in the door using a piece of metal. Just make sure the mid doesn't hit it when the speaker begins to move a lot and the tweeter clears the door.

The amp should say if its rms or peak. I have a suspicion its probably peak but i dunno. Itll work but I personally would sell it and invest in a better quality amp. Its still better than nothing though.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:53 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally posted by 97teg
xr's are the better set im pretty sure. They are the higher line i would put the components in the front. If you really don't want to drill new holes for the tweets you can mount them right infront of the mid in the door using a piece of metal. Just make sure the mid doesn't hit it when the speaker begins to move a lot and the tweeter clears the door.

The amp should say if its rms or peak. I have a suspicion its probably peak but i dunno. Itll work but I personally would sell it and invest in a better quality amp. Its still better than nothing though.
the XR's are the better set. i was hopin to avoid drillin so ill try mounting them on the speaker grill, good idea.

i cant find anything on the amp that says rms or peak but ill give it a shot and hope it doesnt ruin anything

id sell it and reinvest but i have other priorities right now, and like you say, it's better than nothing.

thanks!