Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Nw speaker wire into doors

Old 07-18-2003, 08:40 AM
pnthr30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New speaker wire into doors

I have a 1999 Integra GS sedan and was wondering how many of you have run new speaker wire into your doors? I found one article ( http://www.team-integra.net/se...D=257 ), which was very informative. This article says that this is somewhat difficult. It also states that if you have a four door (which I do), you cannot do this on the drivers side because the molex plug is already all filled up with wires. Any suggestions?

I would like to hook up some new components (haven't decided what kind yet) powered by a Punch 400a.4 (this will also power the rear speakers (Kenwood 7x10's KFC 7180 Peak 240 Watts each). Do you all think that if I tap into the OEM speaker wire (by the deck) for the fronts I should be ok? What would you guys do? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2003, 11:13 AM
pnthr30

Default Who much power?

How much power can the OEM speaker wires in the front handle? (1999 Integra GS) If I push it or surpass their suggested power max, is it a safety or resistance issue? Would all that power melt the wires and pose a fire hazard, or would it just be that the extra power would be wasted due to the resistance of the thin wire?
Old 07-18-2003, 12:56 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

I kinda cheated h:

since I use a two channel amp for my interior speakers, I ran the L and R wires up to the rear speakers. Then, I attached the wires that previously ran to them from the HU.

from there, I went up to the harness, and wired the rear to the fronts, making sure the positives and negatives were correct.

then I wired my front speakers to the stock wires.

I'm sure larger wire wouldn't hurt, but I dunno if its totally nessisary.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:20 PM
97teg

Do a search its been covered before but i dunno about not having enough room in the loom. My shop ran my amps through the orignal wiring. I really wish they would have put new wire in. The stock 22 guage wire sucks even if you double it up it may be ok. With that much power i would ask a shop how they would do it and how much to get it done.