Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

AMP install in a ACCORD 2002 4DR, power cable?

Old 07-12-2003, 01:49 PM
seamonkey420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMP install in a ACCORD 2002 4DR, power cable?

Hello everyone..

i'm back again..

i have been putting my system together and now have these items:

HU: Pioneer DEH-P750MP
Factory 6 Speaker system
JBL 360 Watt Amp
Sony XPLOD 10" Sub

I had audioking install my HU, however, i want to install my amp myself.
I'm leaving my speakers alone and just running them off of my new deck, so my amp is for my sub only (a two channel amp). I have all of the cables ready (rca's from deck and remote wire) but i have no idea on how to wire the amps power cable to the battery.

Or do you run the power cable to the fuse box?

After searching around for a while, i am still unable to find instructions or pics of running the amp's power cable to the trunk.

Is there a spot i can run it from the hood to the interior without drilling? Or should i just have audio king put in my amp too?

ANy help would be much appreciated, AND i'll send a copy of matrix 2 reloaded on dvd to anyone that has the pics or a guide to do this...

peace
seamonkey420
Old 07-12-2003, 02:44 PM
firebane

Run the power wire for your amp straight from the battery but make sure you have a inline fuse in the engine compartment for it. Just run the wire thru the firewall on the passenger side should be a hold you can go thru. In regards to a ground you can that straight off the amp to anywhere on the frame as long as its to metal. Also when you are running your rca cables and power cables keep em seperated.. power down the right side rca down the left. That way you keep out interference. ANy other questions just ask.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:03 PM
MGLax13

WWW.CRUTCHFIELD.COM. Great site for learning how to do shit. Click on the top right corner of the home page for the AV learning section. They tell you how to wire your amp. It's really good instructions, I did it myself from these.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:05 PM
seamonkey420

well..
i got lazy and had audio king do it (did a nice clean job!!)..
putting my sub and box in tomorrow, can't wait to go deaf or close to it!!

thanks everyone for your help!!
peace
seamonkey420
Old 07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
LjN_728

That was pointless to ask us for help wasn't it? haha
Old 07-21-2003, 06:34 PM
seamonkey420

i was curious to see how much work it would be...

sorry..
peace
seamonkey420
Old 07-22-2003, 12:12 AM
pinoy530

Perhaps you guys can help me. I just installed my head unit and my speakers, however I'm having a hard time finding a hole in the firewall for my 2001 accord coupe 4 cyclinder. Any help (especially pics) would be really helpfull. I'd rather not drill a hole in my car.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:20 AM
LjN_728

Originally posted by pinoy530
Perhaps you guys can help me. I just installed my head unit and my speakers, however I'm having a hard time finding a hole in the firewall for my 2001 accord coupe 4 cyclinder. Any help (especially pics) would be really helpfull. I'd rather not drill a hole in my car.
Well what most installers do, since time is an issue, is drill thru the firewall. There are ways to do thru the firewall without drilling, but like i said, time is an issue. What I did on my 00' accord coupe was on the driver's side, drill a hole using either titanium bits or a really good brand one. Make sure the hold is just enough to slide the cable thru. btw...after you finished drilling the hole, use sand paper or a flier to smooth out the edges but if u don't, your exposing the cable to be slite open but the jagged edges. After all is that, seal the hole with a sealent like silicone. Good luck!