Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Suggest a Setup

Old 07-07-2003, 12:14 PM
BahrBoy3
[]D [] []\/[] []D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggest a Setup

I'm going to buy a system really soon and I'd like some suggestions. I'm looking for good SQ, but with a good amount of bass. My budget is between $800-$1000, but I've broken it down piece by piece. Any suggestions would be great. Also, this install will be on a 1998 Integra LS hatchback.

1. MP3/CD Player ($200-$250) - I was thinking about the Panasonic 1083U "Ghost" CD player. I like the looks and features and its got all the necessary hookups. Any words on this or others?

2. Components ($150-$200) - I know this is vague becuase I'm not giving specific sizes, but what are some good brands to look into?

3. Sub ($200-$250) - I'd like one 12" sub. The Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 is pretty good from what I've heard...

4. Amp ($250-$300) - What kinda of amp am I going to need to be able to drive a 12" sub? I know that it all depends on what kind of sub, but what are some general guidlines?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:16 PM
red 97 lude

Default Re: Suggest a Setup

Originally posted by BahrBoy3
I'm going to buy a system really soon and I'd like some suggestions. I'm looking for good SQ, but with a good amount of bass. My budget is between $800-$1000, but I've broken it down piece by piece. Any suggestions would be great. Also, this install will be on a 1998 Integra LS hatchback.

1. MP3/CD Player ($200-$250) - I was thinking about the Panasonic 1083U "Ghost" CD player. I like the looks and features and its got all the necessary hookups. Any words on this or others?

ive got a Panasonic Ghost Face HU and its awesome. well built units IMO. id go for it

2. Components ($150-$200) - I know this is vague becuase I'm not giving specific sizes, but what are some good brands to look into?

for that price range, id reccomend looking into Crystal Mobilesound. Great performance for an inexpensive price.

3. Sub ($200-$250) - I'd like one 12" sub. The Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 is pretty good from what I've heard...

well im not a big RF fan, but i guess that doesnt really matter to you..for high quality, reasonably priced drivers, check out Elemental Designs at www.edesignaudio.com the "O" series goes for about $200 dollars per. this is a very good sub with superb SQ. for about $300, you could step to the A series, which is absolutely incredible. just a suggestion though. youve got tons of options, just do some research and auditioning and oyull find something that fits your needs.

4. Amp ($250-$300) - What kinda of amp am I going to need to be able to drive a 12" sub? I know that it all depends on what kind of sub, but what are some general guidlines?

well, you can drive a single sub with either a Monoblock class D amp or bridge the two channels of a 2 channel amp. Class D amps tend to pull less amps and have less strain on your electrical system. however, class AB amps' sound quality is superior to that of class D amps, but usually pull more amps. i personally prefer class AB amps due to their superior SQ. obviously, just make sure you can wire the sub to the correct impedence of the amp when your looking at amps. i suggest picking a sub, then an amp for it.

theres lots of good stuff out there to choose from. just do your research and youll be happy with what you can find for your money. hope ive helped some, and good luck:thumbup:
Old 07-07-2003, 11:34 PM
4thgen91EFhatch

hmm...well here's what my friend has in the back of his 5g accord

-1 Kicker 12" L7 in a ported box made by me(just use kicker specs for the SPL box)

-1 Planet Audio P1250D amp runnin at 2 ohm load

the amp is a little extra power for the sub...it's puttin out 850 watts RMS at 2 ohms...get the 4 ohm DVC model and wire it up in a parallel circuit...it hits very hard for just 1 12...it will shake the glass at my work...everyone likes it...

BTW, sorry to make this a 4sale kinda post...but he's sellin this system...wantin 550 but i think you can talk him down a lil' if you get the money quick..you get the sub, amp, and 2 boxes...PM me if you're interested