Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Install is almost done, but. . .

Old 06-29-2003, 05:47 PM
parrothead185

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install is almost done, but. . .

I am not sure of the best way to run my speaker wire from the amplifier in the trunk to the speakers in the front doors. It seems like it is going to be extremely difficult to feed the wire into the doors. I can easily get it to the kick panel area from the turnk, but passing from there into the doors is another challenge. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Its a 96 accord.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:29 PM
97teg

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...&highlight=door
Old 07-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Mr lude01

from my own experience i didnt have to run any wires thru the door...if im not wrong then there would be 8 wires for speakers behind the HU...what i did was to take the 2 front left + speaker wires and connected them and the 2 front left - and connected them...same for the right... now that they are connected i went to the trunk and disconnected the back speakers...then i hooked it to the amp...now i hooked the 2 back speakers with new wires and it goes to the amp...

oh yeah u got to disconnect the stock amp that is in the trunk...then u would have to extend the wires so it can be longer for it to be able to reach the amp...

again

1. connect left front and left back poss to poss neg to neg
2. same procedure as left for the right side.
3. the back speaker wires are now your fronts. u got to u new connection for the back.
4. dont forget to remove ur stock amp and extend the speakers so that it can reach the amp
5. connect it all to the amp
6. ur done.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:01 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Stock wires are pathetically thin gauged. I think that's the entire point of running wires from the cabin into the doors. Bro.. I recently ran 14gauge wires from my amp into the doors... sound quality had increased greatly... greater soundstage.. more dynamics...

I used a metal coat hanger and worked my way through each grommet on both sides.. I did not run the wire into the grommet.. because that looked impossible I silicone sealed both sides where the wire came out of the grommet from the car body and the wire going into the grommet into the car door. The driver's side is easy because you can use your hand to feel the grommet location but the passenger's side is a very tight squeeze.. that's where the bent coat hanger was used to run the sire through the grommet on that side. Good luck!