Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Setting up a booty call alarm

Old 07-07-2002, 02:35 PM
LjN_728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a booty call alarm

Hey wut's up there HA family. Got a dumb question, but i'm sure some of you got this. So just like wut the title reads, how do u set up a booty call to my alarm? If u don't kno wut it is, it's just a way to tigger your siren to go off whenever u want to by pushing a button. Thanks guys
Old 07-07-2002, 03:15 PM
b00gers

you can get a separate siren and directly hook it up to a switch. or use the existing siren on your alarm, and hook it up to a relay then switch.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:21 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Setting up a booty call alarm

Originally posted by LjN_728
Hey wut's up there HA family. Got a dumb question, but i'm sure some of you got this. So just like wut the title reads, how do u set up a booty call to my alarm? If u don't kno wut it is, it's just a way to tigger your siren to go off whenever u want to by pushing a button. Thanks guys
I thought most alarms came with a panic option? My Viper 300ESP did, you just press one of the buttons, forget which one, and the alarm triggers and goes off.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:02 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by WiLL
you can get a separate siren and directly hook it up to a switch. or use the existing siren on your alarm, and hook it up to a relay then switch.

No that's just way too much work. I actually have one on my car but some guy did it for me. No relays or anything. All he used was 1 strand of normal spkr wire and a push button. Is there anyway with the brain where the power or positive connection are cause the alarm siren to sound if it touches to something else? there has to be. I tried looking for it but it's too hard.

It's totally different from the panic button. Because u can activate the panic button when ur car is on. With the booty call, u can use it when the car's on or off
Old 07-07-2002, 04:08 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

It's totally different from the panic button. Because u can activate the panic button when ur car is on. With the booty call, u can use it when the car's on or off
I think you're getting confused. The car doesn't have to be on to use the panic button. The panic button is what you would use if say you were coming out to your car in a mall parking lot and from a distance, you see a shady character scoping out your ride, if you hit the panic button, the alarm would go off and he'd get to stepping. Then when he's at a safe distance, you can stop the siren from going off, re arm the alarm and hope he leaves it alone when he see's you opening up the door.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:19 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Some security systems have pannic alarm while the ignition is on. Most DEI subsidiaries have this. Code Alarm does not. Thier pannic is only operative with the ignition off. This is an inherent aspect of the system control, and cannot be bypassed. You can, however, add a second control box to a separate siren..... but that's alot of work for such a small feature. My suggestion is to get a DEI product if you MUST have that feature.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:19 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by 94uhkord

I think you're getting confused. The car doesn't have to be on to use the panic button. The panic button is what you would use if say you were coming out to your car in a mall parking lot and from a distance, you see a shady character scoping out your ride, if you hit the panic button, the alarm would go off and he'd get to stepping. Then when he's at a safe distance, you can stop the siren from going off, re arm the alarm and hope he leaves it alone when he see's you opening up the door.

Haha...sorry about that. I meant CAN'T. I gotta read wut i type before i send.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:25 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Haha...sorry about that. I meant CAN'T. I gotta read wut i type before i send.
oh, yeah, that changes things
Old 07-07-2002, 04:34 PM
LjN_728

:slap: I needed a good slap in the face...haha
Old 07-07-2002, 04:37 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

:slap: I needed a good slap in the face...haha
Now that you said that though, I think I know why you call it a "booty call alarm" to get the attention of a girl by sounding the alarm:thumbup: Im smart huh

Quick Reply: Setting up a booty call alarm