Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   Setting up a booty call alarm (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/7827-setting-up-a-booty-call-alarm.html)

JJJ784 07-16-2002 03:39 PM

cool... :cool: now let the booty calls begin!!!! hahaha :p

integramodder 07-17-2002 03:51 PM

so LjN_728, are you looking for a way for your system to go into panic mode (alarms blaring and all?)

or just a way that someone can physically come upto your car, press a button, and temporarily make the alarm system sound to get your attention...?

LjN_728 07-17-2002 03:57 PM

Originally posted by integramodder
so LjN_728, are you looking for a way for your system to go into panic mode (alarms blaring and all?)

or just a way that someone can physically come upto your car, press a button, and temporarily make the alarm system sound to get your attention...?

Well the ONLY real purpose of the booty call alarm is to get chick's attention cuz would u really wanna honk ur horn at them? haha i hope not...scare the shiz out of them!! But some people like it because it's an option that cost close to nothing and it gives them another horn to play with...i guess?

JJJ784 07-21-2002 09:21 PM

i just wired up my booty call. :p let the fun begin!! woohoo.. hahahahaaa

RST531 11-06-2002 10:53 PM

so thats all that is needed (a long speaker wire and a push button of my choice) so i just find the pos wire that gos to the alarm and the splice it near the fuse box and and put my wire in that place with the button in between.and then all the honey will be all over me , lol. so noone has had any problems with this so far?

JJJ784 11-06-2002 11:22 PM

no problems at all. i use it almost daily. hahahaa.. :P

LjN_728 11-07-2002 12:16 AM

the only possible prob that you can run into is the push button. That's because after so much wear and tear, it just malfunctions. But don't worry because the pack they sell at Radio Shack comes in a pack of 5. wow i'm so surprised so many peeps read this thread. I guess it's just the title "Booty Call".

RST531 11-07-2002 09:04 AM

so i just need to cut the wire close to the fuse box right, not close to the alarm?

b18cya 11-07-2002 09:06 AM

hahaha, he's gonna try to pull people over at night!!

LjN_728 11-07-2002 11:48 PM

Originally posted by RST531
so i just need to cut the wire close to the fuse box right, not close to the alarm?

No you don't need to cut any wires close to the fuse box. You know where the "brain" of the alarm is? It's located right under the dash. It's a small device that has all the wires connected into. Now look for a solid yellow wire. That's your continous (+) wire. Now you have to remember to use a long enough wire that will reach from that yellow cable to where ever spot you want the push button and out to where the siren is. I'd give about a good 10 ft.
So tap the new wire to the (+) yellow wire, and then connect it to the switch. Using the output part of the switch, run the wire thru the firewall and connect it to the red (+) wire of the siren.
You're all done! Have fun whistling at those hunnies!