Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   Setting up a booty call alarm (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/7827-setting-up-a-booty-call-alarm.html)

b00gers 07-07-2002 05:10 PM

just do what i said up there.....=P

Outxider 07-07-2002 05:21 PM

get a push button switch, get some wires, one wire tap into the positive wire of the siren, then run to switch, from switch run the other wire to a constant positive power source. thats it. pretty mucn ur supplyin power to the siren to make it sound off, and the switch is to hold the circuit off until u press it.

late

Fujiwara Takumi 07-07-2002 05:39 PM

run a positive wire from your alarm siren to a switch in your car, then a pos from your switch either to the battery or to a high amp fuse in your harness. thats easy :-\

ACTUALLY, you can run a switched power wire to the same colour wire in your alarm harness....on my old one it was a brown wire that ran from the alarm brain to the siren...you could just switch that with an always on power wire.

b00gers 07-07-2002 05:53 PM

or you can use a relay....to be super safe i guess.

fastball 07-07-2002 05:56 PM

You will HAVE to use a relay to prevent a short in the switch or siren! Or worse, your alarm box! Remember, when using one load with multiple sources, you need a relay to prevent current from going backwards to the other sources.

LjN_728 07-08-2002 05:21 PM

Thanks guys...got it!

JJJ784 07-11-2002 03:53 PM

i still don't understand why a relay is that important. if the switch isn't connected, there isn't any juice in the wires. are you just talking about a cheap switch that can be faulty and cause the wires to be connected 24/7? cuz i think if the switch is not pressed, there isn't any contact/current, so it should be safe. just double checking. thanks. :)

fastball 07-11-2002 06:28 PM

Originally posted by JJJ784
i still don't understand why a relay is that important. if the switch isn't connected, there isn't any juice in the wires. are you just talking about a cheap switch that can be faulty and cause the wires to be connected 24/7? cuz i think if the switch is not pressed, there isn't any contact/current, so it should be safe. just double checking. thanks. :)
Think about the headlight circuit of a car.... you have the main switch on the turn signal stalk, but when you turn it, you actually activate a relay with a low current line. When the relay closes, it completes a high current circuit to the head lights. It's even a good idea to install a relay to your remote line of the head unit when running more than one amp off of it.

Dunbar 07-13-2002 05:48 AM

An alarm siren is fairly low current, you do not need a relay for this. Just wire up a switch rated for a few amps of current. FYI, a relay draws 150-200mA which is equivelant to turning on like 5+ amps.

LjN_728 07-15-2002 05:31 PM

Well actually I found out how to setup the "booty call" with the siren and I don't think anybody got it right. haha well it could be right but I found an easier way. For those who wanna do it, all you need is a simple push button switch and a single strand of basic spkr wire about 24 inches, depending on where u want to put the switch. So you tap the (+) constant power wire of the alarm to the (+) wire of the siren. Put the switch between the two and you got yourself a booty call alarm. but thanks anyways