Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Remote Start! Pls. Help!

Old 06-16-2003, 03:59 AM
ziljin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start! Pls. Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to intsall a crimestopper remote starter in a '93 si... I'm having problems getting the car to stay on. It'll start for like 3 seconds then shut off... I tried diff. tach. sources, tried timed crank, tach ref and tachless. Nothing is working. I'm thinking it's my wiring.would I need a secone ign. relay? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks a bunch, Jeff
Old 06-23-2003, 03:21 PM
kenn22civic01

The engine stopped after 3 secs because your unit can not detect whether the engine has started or not so it redo the cycle. I solve this problem is by using sparkplug sense ( review your unit's manual for this feature.) Basically you would wrap a wire around the sparkplug wires. When the engine starts, the current running in the sparkplug wire will induce a voltage at your loop wire and "alert" the unit. Hope this helps
Old 06-25-2003, 02:45 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

Originally posted by kenn22civic01
The engine stopped after 3 secs because your unit can not detect whether the engine has started or not so it redo the cycle. I solve this problem is by using sparkplug sense ( review your unit's manual for this feature.) Basically you would wrap a wire around the sparkplug wires. When the engine starts, the current running in the sparkplug wire will induce a voltage at your loop wire and "alert" the unit. Hope this helps
yeah same problem here, i tried every method possible to get the tach pickup to work...and never could. i just wrapped a wire around one of the plug wires right at the distributor...worked perfectly first try.

make sure you set the crimestopper alarm brain to sense via sparksense, not tach.