Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

need help with alarm/keyless entry

Old 06-03-2003, 10:08 AM
81726si
Patience...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with alarm/keyless entry

A friend of mine installed a BlackWidow 3200 car alarm in my car. Everything woked fined for about 2 months. After that whenever the car is disalarm the doors don't unlock w/c are supposed to. I checked the connections with help of both my car(2000 civic si) and the alarm's wiring diagram. I found out that some wires were misconnected. So I fixed it following the negative polarity diagram for door locks. Again, it worked for about another 2 weeks and stop.
The door locks when the car is alarmed or started or using the power lock switch. It wont unlock when disalarm or shut off or even using the power lock switch. I don't know what's going on , I checked every connections and everythings seems okay. I was wondering maybe there's a fuse busted(haven't checked) or I'm missing something. Needs everyones expert opinions or advice.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Josher

I'm getting slightly confused towards the end of your message. You say that after you corrected the problem, then 2 weeks later the alarm's door unlock feature stopped to work. I translate from then on as follows: The power locks lock when: the car is armed (alarm activated), the car is started, and when the standard door lock switch is used. Now, The doors do not unlock when: the alarm is disarmed, the car is shut off, or the standard power door lock switch is used. Hmmm, retyping helps mre remember.

I've played around with my Integra's Alpine alarm and I've got an actual Integra manual (the real mechanic's version) along with an electrical troubleshooting manual. I'll look in the troubleshooting manual for you - I'm betting your 2000 Civic is wired the same as my 96 Integra. I'll let you know what I find out, but right now I've got a strong hunch I know what the problem is. I'm not certain, but I believe that there are 3 wires running to the switch. Odds are, the wire that unlocks the doors is loose or fell off.... but I have to verify this....

I'll let you know.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:24 PM
81726si
Patience...

thanks josher,

any help would be very much appreciated!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Josher

Ok, I've got my books and took a quick look at my Integra's setup. Just so you know, every electrical problem usually involves a lot of troubleshooting and trial and error.

Based on what you've said: (Correct me if I'm wrong)
The problem is not the fuse, since the door locks do lock.

Just a question, do any of your door locks unlock, or did you set your alarm to priority driver's door lock/unlock feature?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Josher

Here's something to try. Since you have the alarm's wiring diagram and manual, disconnect the door lock/unlock feature (by disconnecting that wire) and see if you door lock switch works then.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Josher

Visit http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/ and go to the Power Door Locks Page. I put the power door lock schematics and First Page of the Troubleshooting for power door locks. Let me know which other pages are needed.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:27 AM
81726si
Patience...

thanks a lot josher, fyi the door unlocks using the honda keyless entry remote(oem), thought that would make you figure it out better, i'll print the schematics and play around with it and let you know what happens afterwards

thanks again!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Josher

There's roughly 4 or 5 more pages. This whole week I'm stuck attending my 2 brothers and cousin's graduations. But if you need more detailed schematics or pictures of any switch, let me know and I'll scan and upload them. I'll probably just scan them the next few days at work (I scan shit most the day anyways) and repost once its up. Remember though that this is for an Integra, so the wire colors are probably different.
Best of Luck