Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

SUPER beginner's question

Old 06-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPER beginner's question

my friend just gave me his ollldd subwoofer set up and i was wondering what i should do with it.

here are some specs

sub:: a 12 inch in a box. the i did a weasauce overhead drawing of it. the dash is the how the sub is positioned and the opening is the port hole (i thinkt that's what you call it).
------
/
. ----

the sub says "depth charge" on it and thats all i can see so i know no info about it

amp: it a crunch (no idea wat that is) its 150x2 watts. if i intall it should i run 300 watts to it or just 150?

i dont know wat i should do with this. the only non-stock part of my stock system is a pioneer 6400. im into sound quality and to this point it was good enough for my ears. should i try to sell this or install this anchor in my trunk? (and general instructions on how this would be done too please)

thanks for the help
Old 06-03-2003, 04:18 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're happy with what you have and you dont want the hassle of installing a crunch and god-knows-what-type of subwoofer.. I'd say for now stay away from this. And maybe in a few years when you have some funds and more knowledge... you will see that investing in upgrading your internal speakers with clean powering amp will give you more audio bliss than by having just a sub/amp with your stock speakers.

But if you are curious on how it would sound... then by all means brudge that amp into one channel(make sure that the subwoofer is 4 ohms...), use the subwoofer output of your pioneer into the sub amp crossed at about 80-90hz(for starters).

but IMO I say leave well enough alone, because you seem content with what you have now.