Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help Stuck CD

Old 05-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Idrops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Stuck CD

Just installed an Alpine Head unit. Works great....but stupid me...left favorite CD in the OEM head unit. Anyone know how to get it out without any power hook up???

(1999 Civic EX coup)
Old 05-24-2003, 12:48 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

if you're feelin crafty with your hands... the top cover should just pull off... BUT... once inside, you'll notice that the CD is "clamped" in place... so you cant just lift it out of there... If you're not too worried about breaking anything in the player you can try puttering around with it... but I dont really recomend this if you're not too sure what you're doing. You maybe able to open the grasp of the player and carefully slide the CD out the slot... but im not sure.

If you have some spare time on your hands... pop the alpine back out, plug the deck in real quick and eject the CD... thats gonna be the easiest way... a shop will most likely charge you for that.

Ive done that before... but luckily for me I keep plugs around that fit the back of honda radios... so if I do screw up, I can power the deck up really quick and pop the cd out.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Idrops

Yeah, already unscrewed the top but the CD is covered by numerous gizmos, in fact I can barely see small views of the CD. I wonder if I can just apply a power source to the correct pins in the harness. I can figure it out with the drawing enclosed but I don't know what power source would be enough to eject the disc and not fry the unit. I want to keep the OEM unit intact for future use.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just tap on a power supply to the power wire, and you should be ok?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-24-2003, 09:09 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

if you cant get a hold of a power supply... just use the cars battery... run leads to the terminals of the battery... a battery charger will NOT work.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:06 AM
Leebog
GAME

There should be a little hole in the front of the HU, where you can stick a pin in and pop the CD out without any power.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:47 AM
MustBeDaMonkey

I've used a 9 volt battery (little teeny one, ya know) to get a cd out of my Blaupunkt once. Easy as pie. + to + and - to -
Old 06-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Idrops

Finally got a free weekend to try the 9 volt battery trick. Worked like a charm!

Thanks a lot!! :blue: