Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Clarion DXZ635MP

Old 05-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Arcteryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarion DXZ635MP

I came across the subject headunit (Clarion DXZ635MP) in my search for a replacement to go into the Odyssey. It is not flashy and has a lot of features I would find useful in a minivan. I was originally interested in the Nak CD45z, but was intrigued by the dual zone capabilities of this headunit. Some of the key features include:

- Plays CD-R & CD-RWs
- Plays MP3 and WMA
- IR Remote Control
- AUX Input (future DVD setup as $$$ allow)
- Dual Zone Control with Dedicated RCA Line Level Outputs (future IR/RFheadphones, use w/DVD)

The only headunits I've used in the past have been Alpine and Denon (DCT-950R - an awesome headunit, but got stolen out of the Integra), so any comments on this headunit, or Clarion's ProAudio equipment in general, would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Randy12vp

Clarion Pro Audio headunits have always been and probably will always be a great addition to any setup. They've just never been as popular as some other manufacturers out there in car audio land.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:22 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

"...I was originally interested in the Nak CD45z..."

Hey Nakamichi CD 45z :thumbup: maybe you could try considering the new Nak CD400...I have yet to audition it.. but it seems to continue the tradition of simple design, good looks and healthy DACs for natural sound quality.