Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How will this sound?....

Old 05-11-2003, 03:12 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will this sound?....

I have a pair of Pioneer (TS-A168OR) 6-1/2" for my front doors, and Sony (XS-V1633) 6-12" for my rear deck. I am going to get 2-12" Sony Subs (2003 model) with a new 800w sony (2003 model) amp... will this system hit good? the subs are 350rms.... its going in a 1995 civic DX coupe... im wondering how good and loud and all that...

also, after this is all installed... where do i go from here? i got a 10 disc CD changer in the back, a 7" monitor for my headunit, and a dvd/mp3/cdr/cd player in the glove box....

add more subs? or where can i put more speakers? you tell me... thanks!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Randy12vp

It sounds like you have the makings for a great sounding system overall. I think you'll be satisfied with the results you are about to achieve.
I think your next step would be to replace the front coax speakers with a good component set and amplify both the front and rear speakers with a 4 channel amp.
Above and beyond that, you can always try different ways of installing your equiptment.
Good luck in your future endevors.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:47 PM
95DXPhiladeph

first off, thank you very much for your response, i really appreciate that...

all together everything is going pretty well... i know the rear and front speakers can be powered by the 4 channel amp inside my headunit, but you're right... ill probably end up hooking them up to a seperate amp mounted probably under the passanger dash... way down there...

where are the front coax speakers? the ones in the door i replaced with pioneers, but if there is another set, i will definetly replace them...

i was thinking a good component set too, like in the kicker panels... what do you think?

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 05:46 PM
xivera
insert witty remark here

He means the speakers in your front doors... which you have replaced...
Old 05-11-2003, 07:49 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

After you hook up and power the sub, the bass will probably overpower the interior speakers....
Old 05-12-2003, 02:41 AM
Randy12vp

Down the road when you do decide to replace the Pioneer speakers up front, since you are ok with the idea of kickpanel speakers, you might want to consider the purchase of a 3-way component set for your front stage. This would involve replacing your door mounted coax with a 6.5" midbass driver and then having a 4" midrange driver and 1" tweeter in the a custom kickpanel configuration. I can guarantee that you'll be more than impressed with the overall performance of that setup.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:47 PM
97teg

Well i personally think you could do better than sony. Thats just imo. I really like having a changer. alot easier than changing disks all the time. If you really want to sound good invest in some kickpannels.