Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Head removal

Old 05-11-2003, 08:27 AM
ExiledinIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head removal

I'm trying to get this head unit out of the car so that I can put in my Kenwood. Can someone help me here? I can't seem to slide the unit out.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:20 PM
96GreenCivic

I can't tell by the pic. What kind of car do you have? Did you install it or did you buy it that way?
Old 05-11-2003, 01:51 PM
smokedogg

Your deck should've come with removal tools. They're 2 metal strips that u slide in on both sides of the Headunit and they lock in place til you slide it out. For some reason my Sony HU didnt come with them, which I realized when I tried to replace it a while back. Go to your local shop or even a best buy installation bay may let you use theirs, or you could buy a pair. They're cheap little things, should only cost a couple of bucks.

edit: I had almost that same deck, and upgraded to kenwood also, definatley an upgrade you'll be happy with
Old 05-11-2003, 03:11 PM
ExiledinIN

I ended up going to best buy and borrowing their keys and took it out behind their garage. It was an EG (93 Civic EX) which I had bought.