Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help a n00b out...

Old 05-06-2003, 11:51 PM
gtrplyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a n00b out...

Ok...just got a 2000 Accord EX coupe...stock sound is OK but I'd like it to be better. Not looking to spend a LOT of money, and not looking for a huge amp/sub/etc setup...probably just looking at getting a new HU and some new speakers.

Looking at the Alpine CDA-7894 as a HU...will this be suitable for the stock speakers? and will there be a big difference from the stock head unit?

Also, the current head unit is taking up the entire space provided in the dash, whereas the Alpine would be HALF that size...is there an installation kit that will make that fit?

Basically, I want good sound...crisp, clear audio...primarilty for rock music...

Once I upgrade the HU, I'll look into speakers...will they really make a big difference if I replace em with some quality speakers?

I'm not looking for a huge system...just something that sounds good.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:01 AM
kleankord

Yes to all your questions.

it'll be a good idea to change out your speakers and HU at same time... imo
Old 05-07-2003, 04:55 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

... once you setup your car with some aftermarket speakers and a HU.. you'll look back on this post and :slap: yourself silly
Old 05-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Randy12vp

I agree. Start off by replacing the radio and the speakers if you can afford it all at once, but by replacing the radio, you will be making the most dramatic difference to the sound of your existing car stereo. Rock music, huh? After doing the radio and speakers, you might want to consider adding a small subwoofer and amp for it just to enforce your low end frequencies.