Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

weird idea, tell me whether it's stupid or not..

Old 05-06-2003, 07:46 PM
88Cardrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird idea, tell me whether it's stupid or not..

ok, I'm not exactly the biggest audio buff, but I definitely dig good music. So far in my system project I've got going I've got a set of 6.5 focal 165k2's, mb quart 218.61's, a JL 500/1 and a JL 12w7 with a 1 farad cap. I've read alot on here about rear fill not being worth it...or something like that. so I was thinking, this is really hard to explain, it'd be easier if I could show a diagram, but here goes, would it be feasable to set up one set of speakers normally, in the doors, with a door mounted tweeter. Then, in the middle of the car, set up the other set of speakers, so that each person, passenger and driver, has both the right and left channels in their own little space. for instance for the driver. I'd have one component installed in the door with the left channel, then install the other component, wired in the right channel, by the right foot (near the gas pedal) and have the tweeter installed in the dash pointed at the drivers right ear. Then do the same for the passenger's side. I hope you understand what I'm saying. This is going to affect my choice in amp to run these. (whether I go 4 channel or 2). Would this hurt or help imaging? Would I be better off just going with rear fill?
Thanks
Old 05-06-2003, 08:09 PM
b00gers

i would imagine that it would kill the imaging.

just setup up the front stage correctly. you just gotta know how to tune it. and if you are really serious, construct some custom kickpanels. we all know how sucky the door is for speakers.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:53 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

With just 500 watta going to your sub....uh why do you need a cap?

And about your staging idea of giving the front driver and passenger their own set of left and right speakers is just :slap:

The drivers would be too close to each individual and trying to crossover that mess wouldnt be worth it...

take it from the masses and keep it simple... if you want to install a component set in the doors try out adire koda, rainbows, audio development..

if you want to try out kicks.. then by all means check them out..

Maybe you need to sit down and listen to some SQ cars that have both staged designs and compare the two..

Remember if you get a best set of speakers within your budget, a equally great amp (ditch rear fill) and a good install... you'll have a nice front sound stage.