Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

New Speakers?

Old 04-23-2003, 06:01 PM
02AccordCoupe
Wooo Whooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Speakers?

I was looking into getting new speakers, and i was wondering if it would sound good with just new fronts or should i get both front and back and i wanna run them off my deck, Pioneer 7400MP, how will that sound, and it pretty much just needs to be plugged in right?
Old 04-23-2003, 08:03 PM
b00gers

well...most of the music you hear is gonna be coming from the front stage. i would focus more on those. if you buy the speakers from crutchfield, they speakers are plug and play. thats because they give you a harness that is made for your car. you probably can buy the harness separtly though.

if you dont get a harness, you will have to do some splicing and cutting off the stock harness.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:30 PM
02AccordCoupe
Wooo Whooooo

so would i need 2 channel, or 4 channel or what?
Old 04-23-2003, 10:43 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by 02AccordCoupe
so would i need 2 channel, or 4 channel or what?

If you're planning on just getting regular 5 1/2"s for your front and running them from your HU, don't need any amp. But if you decide to go with an amp, might as well change the rear spkrs as well and go with a 4 channel amp. Like WiLL mentioned, most of music you hear is coming from the front stage, and to me, components are the best way to go. They're are costly tho...so figure spending anywhere from $700-1500 for front components, 6x9's and 4 channel amp. Long term, it's all worth it. If you aint gonna keep your car for a while, just get 3-way spkrs for the front. Depending on where u at, I'd help you with the install.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:46 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Whoa... $700-1500 is a lot!!!!

Anyway, if you don't want to invest too much money, then I'd suggest hitting your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Tweeter, etc and listening to some coaxials (2 or 3 way speakers). Try to power them with a deck that has the same power as yours. After you find the ones you like, you could either buy them there, at Crutchfield, or for even less online or at ebay.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:26 AM
Randy12vp

Good suggestion SiClone. You should take some time and listen for yourself to see if a hu powering 4 coax speakers sounds like before you make any large investments. If you like what you hear at local shops then make your purchase. If not, then you may need to get yourself into a little better front stage and possibly an amp to run that if not your fronts and rears.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:11 PM
02AccordCoupe
Wooo Whooooo

Yeah, I think i'm gonna go to best buy or car toys or something, i can get a good deal on eclipse speakers so i hope they have those at car toys so i can hear it.