Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

need help how to change clock bulb dashboard in 04 odyssey

Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 AM
sakitlikod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help how to change clock bulb dashboard in 04 odyssey

hello, how difficult to change the clock bulb (dash board) for honda odyssey 04 ? can someone explain pls in detail ?thx
Old 11-22-2010, 05:33 PM
daniel9ds

I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Daniel from Pennsylvania, US.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
gmunch

Hello, I am new to this forum & not sure how you post a question, so here goes. I own a 2003 Honda Accord EX with the Navigation system. There is a separate display for the clock and the temperature readout that is recessed into the upper portion of the dash above the center A/C vents. In my car, the display's backlight is intermittent, i.e. it goes on and off periodically. When the car is in use the backlight will go on and off as you hit bumps in the road. If its off, you can usually get it to light up momentarily by tapping on the dash that surrounds the display. It always goes off again until you tap on it again.

Apparently, there is a bad connection, maybe a bad solder joint in the display unit or perhaps the bulb is bad. Do any of you have any experience with this problem? Can anyone offer suggestions to fix this problem? I would like to find out how to get into the upper dash to check the display out, look for a problem, and possibly replace the bulb. Honda wants $400 to "fix" the problem, which probably means they just replace the display module. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
GMUNCH