Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Small Sub/Enclosure in RSX ?

Old 04-18-2003, 06:23 AM
PostGrungeJunky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Sub/Enclosure in RSX ?

Hello pplz.

I just gotta base model RSX and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good 10" sub/enclosure in the back. im thinking of swapping out the head for an alpine mp3 deck, comps, and coaxes with infinity kappas (any other suggestions? alpine up front? mb quarts?), perhaps a hifonics 5 channel amp, and lastly i need a 10" sub (it's intended to be more of a rock sound system, less bump bump; don't need to win competitions or be obnoxious to the granny next to me; all i need is good tight kick) in a smallest enclosure possible in the back.

Are any of those premade enclosures good? Like that Polk/Momo? or maybe those Kicker Solobarics? (afraid to try them square ones) Or the JL with the W6v2 or maybe even the Infinty basslink (the powered one). I'm kinda afraid that a custom enclosure from a shop will cost more/sound worse?) i have no idea.

Oh and lastly, how do I fasten te sub down back there...I really don't wanna molest the car in any way... velcro?

i think i know way my way around from reading reviews and net research, need real advice tho. thx a lot pplz
Old 04-18-2003, 07:51 AM
PostGrungeJunky

oh and considering its going into the back of an rsx, how do i conceal everything? an exposed sub should make it a car jacker maget right?
Old 04-18-2003, 09:08 PM
adslinstaller

if you wanna be stealth & in the smallest possible box you might wanna considering fiberglassing the spare tire well like I did. here's a few pics

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...MxeTU0MQ%3D%3D

mine is in the trunk of a 98 accord. the box is 4 cu ft & only raises the floor 3 inches. the sub is a 15" diamond.

i don't know how big your trunk is, but to only do a 10 you could probably do it all in the spare tire well. i did all the work myself (with pointers from my bud who owns a stereo shop). i have about $125.00 in materials & approx 20 man hours in it.

any questions, shoot me a pm

i also started a thread here titled "my trunk of funk" you can see a little more there
Old 04-18-2003, 09:58 PM
PostGrungeJunky

damn i wish i could ditch the spare and do something inconspicuous like that, but i wanna keep it practical u know? oh well
Old 04-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Randy12vp

You could do a small sealed enclosure behind the wheel well on one side of the vehicle and do the same type enclosure on the other side to make a home for the amp you use. Both would have to be custom of course but you could literally make them almost disappear into the interior that way.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:03 PM
adslinstaller

Originally posted by PostGrungeJunky
damn i wish i could ditch the spare and do something inconspicuous like that, but i wanna keep it practical u know? oh well
i'm not ditching mine. i am getting a carpeted cover made for it & will just toss it in the back. as long as i have it, who cares if its in the well or not?

which do you think a theif would notice more - a tire or a sub enclosure? :naughty:
Old 04-19-2003, 05:42 PM
PostGrungeJunky

man, i'd love to go all out and do all that stuff, i really would. if i had it my way, i'd get several bolts ons (intake/exhaust) too. afterall 160 hp is...a lil less than thrilling. my dad used to run a mechanic shop and hes like real paranoid and picky when it comes to abusing a new car...possibly voiding warranties...risking reliability drilling holes in the carpet and firewall makes for unreliable car blah blah blah...thanks for the tire well advice anyway (if u dint notice, my dads name is on the registration, and insurance, not mine
Old 04-20-2003, 03:14 AM
Randy12vp

Start with replacing the radio. That should make the most dramatic impact as far as improving the sound goes. From there start replacing other components of the audio system. The trick to this one is to get your dad involved. Maybe he'll get involved so much that he'll accept some of your ideas and you'll accept his and eventually the two of you will find a common goal and strive to reach that goal together. Plus, the whole scenario sounds like it would make for a great father and son project. His backround and your fresh new ideas sound like they could be a winning combo. Good luck