Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Hey Alpine Gurus

Old 04-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Alpine Gurus

Is it posible to plug a sony minidisc changer into an Alpine H/U with AI-net? Do they make some sort of adaptor to do this with? I don't want to get rid of my Alpine, but I want to listen to my minidiscs.

OR

Did Alpine make a minidisc changer? If so, where can I get it?
Old 04-09-2003, 01:28 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Alpine had an in dash mini disc player... made it about 3 years ago... forgot the model #, but they're hard to come by and are expensive.

Your alpine deck will not control a sony MD changer.

What you can do, if your alpine deck has the auxillary input option (if its new, it should) you can get the input adapter from crutchfield for $15, and use a sony controller for the MD changer... like the same controller/display you'd use if you were going to use an FM modulator. The controls will be seperate, but you'll get clean sound and still be able to keep the changer.

Call up crutchfield, and tell them thats what you want to do... dont let them talk you into something else (like buying a sony deck).
Old 04-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Thanks for the info, I have a 7894, but I'm getting a 9815 soon, so that maybe what I'll have to do. Thanks again!!
Old 04-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Randy12vp

I wish I was an Alpine guru.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:51 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

both the 7894 and 9815 will work with the aux input adapter... so you're golden... finding a controller for the changer might be a small challenge, your best bet may be ebay...??

If you have a honda with a "double DIN" opening the controller for the changer would look nice flush mounted in a plastic panel below the radio.