Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Half stereo?

Old 04-04-2003, 06:19 PM
GhostZero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half stereo?

Hi, my name is GhostZero,

First off, i literally stumbled upon this webpage with the wonderful power of Google. And since there seems to be alot of knowledgeble ppl and activity, i decided to register. All right ladies and gentlemen, this is my situation:

I have a Honda Accord '95, i have a Clarion cd player that's starting to show it's age yet still works with all functions (it's about.. 3 years old i think), i have 2 10s Polk Audio GNX 104, and an Orion Cobalt 300 watt amp powering the subs. Now here is the problem:

ONLY the left side of my car plays music! This *recently* happened, my subs were installed a year and a half ago and nothing has been altered in my car audio wise. And yes, i did the two easiest solutions [1) Clean the cd player with a cd cleaning disc and 2) Check the wiring]. Both are fine.. and ideas? And no, i'm not an idiot about cars nor systems so don't suggest i fix the balance or somethin =)

Any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated because i am tired of listening to half a system.. and yes, one sub works but it just doesn't have the kick it would normally.

Thanks in advance,
GhostZero
Old 04-04-2003, 07:35 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

The most obvious would be the balance... did you check that?

or try a different deck... maybe a friend has one you can try or something?
Old 04-04-2003, 09:53 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

LOL ... right after he says "don't tell me to check the balance" what comes up? "the balance...did you check that?"......

Man, that was great. I hope it was deliberate....
Old 04-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Randy12vp

Just a question...do you have an amp powering the highs as well? The reason I ask is because if you do and depending on how you have everything hooked up you could have either a bad preout on the deck or a bad rca. If you don't have the highs amplified through an external amp and the sound comes through the left side for the subs as well as the highs, my suggestion would be just to get a new deck. I hope I explained that how I wanted to instead of tongue tying myself through my response.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:24 AM
GhostZero

Randy, could u go into a little detail about what u said? I'm not sure i understood what u were trying to say but i'm patient, no worries. First off, i just have one amp, the Orion Cobalt 300 watt amp which is powering the two subs, not one. Go into a little detail with how to tweak the highs and what exactly (i suppose this contradicts my first post of 'don't act like i'm an idiot about car audio') a deck is... cuz if it's just the cd player then i understand that.. or if u mean tape deck.. so clear that up as well lol. It's amazing that i know about ohms and all kinds of other things but not what a 'deck' is
Old 04-05-2003, 08:19 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

So no music at all from the right side then or is it just the right sub???

If it's no music from the right side, then it's your deck.

If it's weaker bass fromt he right sub, then it's probably your amp.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:30 AM
GhostZero

Nothing on the right side works, not speakers, not sub, not anything.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:37 PM
daddykay24

Try switching the rca(left into the right side) if the right sub comes on when you do this, you have a bad set of rca's. Just change them and you will be o.k.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:01 PM
GhostZero

I'll try all of this, pretty much i think the deck has become ancient because it decides when it wants to play. Thanks for all ur help guys.. i'll continue to look around in the phorums.

Thanks,
GhostZero
Old 04-05-2003, 01:13 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD
LOL ... right after he says "don't tell me to check the balance" what comes up? "the balance...did you check that?"......

Man, that was great. I hope it was deliberate....

:a: :doh:

Shows how well I read his post... cause it wasnt deliberate... h: