Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

98 civic wiring ideas

Old 03-27-2003, 02:43 PM
asaspade421

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 civic wiring ideas

...now that i have gotten the power wire thru the grommet on the drivers side...i need an idea on how where to situate the wire so its just not laying under my carpet for all to see...and plus that just looks plain old ugly...i just need some i deas on where to situate the wire so it will be hidden
Old 03-29-2003, 03:47 AM
Baget
All Show and No Go!

put it underneath the door foot panel thingy..
Old 03-30-2003, 03:57 AM
Randy12vp

That's a sill plate Baget.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:28 AM
icyfingers

in both my 99+2000 hb's, i ran those wires back around the console. you should be able to kinda string it through a support or a piece of your heater box. did the same thing in my del sol, then put a splitter there, made hooking the amp up much easier, and whatever else for that matter. and once the console cover pieces are back in place, you can't see anything.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:41 AM
LjN_728

Originally posted by icyfingers
in both my 99+2000 hb's, i ran those wires back around the console. you should be able to kinda string it through a support or a piece of your heater box. did the same thing in my del sol, then put a splitter there, made hooking the amp up much easier, and whatever else for that matter. and once the console cover pieces are back in place, you can't see anything.

Yea hb's are a little bit smaller so it might be easier said then done. I advise you to do what Baget said and put it under the "foot panel thingy". haha jk anyways...it's really simple to pry it off. What you want to do, it pull on the sill plate starting from the inside of the car. Most likely all the tabs that are holding it down is more towards of outside of the sill. Start from one end. Don't worry if it seems you might break it cuz there's resistance. What do you think...cars are that cheap?!? Don't be afraid. One you pop off the sill plate, you may want to run the cables underneath the carpet. If you have a 4 dr, do the same from the back. When you come to the panel where the seat beats are, you could take that off, but that's a pain in the rear. So just use your fingers or a flathead screwdriver and make space to run the wire. I hope this helps! G' Luck!