Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Accord MP3 Player

Old 03-10-2003, 09:50 AM
richtrader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord MP3 Player

I ordered the Honda MP3 player for my 2003 Accord EX coupe and am wondering if anyone knows what kind of items get displayed on the main head unit display. Does it show the song name, etc, from the file?

I have searched through the internet but can't find many specifics about the player.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:55 PM
aero3685

ask the dealer
Old 03-10-2003, 03:15 PM
richtrader

I did. Mine was the first one they've sold. He was going to look into it and I'll find out in a few days when I get the car, but I was just curious is all.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:12 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

why would u buy something u r not sure of?
Old 03-11-2003, 04:38 AM
richtrader

Originally posted by ziggyziggy
why would u buy something u r not sure of?
Because the important thing is that it actually plays the music, not what it displays. I converted my 300+ CDs to about 8 CDs in WMA format, so I am just happy to only have to have 8 CDs in the car for almost unlimited listening.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Mike
Banned

Originally posted by richtrader
Because the important thing is that it actually plays the music, not what it displays. I converted my 300+ CDs to about 8 CDs in WMA format, so I am just happy to only have to have 8 CDs in the car for almost unlimited listening.
I'm positive it will at the very least display ID3 tags, that's pretty standard for all MP3 players.

On another note are you sure the mp3 player in your Accord will play WMA files? WMA files and mp3 files are different formats and unless it specifically says it play WMA's it will only play mp3s.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:39 PM
richtrader

Originally posted by Mike
I'm positive it will at the very least display ID3 tags, that's pretty standard for all MP3 players.

On another note are you sure the mp3 player in your Accord will play WMA files? WMA files and mp3 files are different formats and unless it specifically says it play WMA's it will only play mp3s.
Thanks Mike... Yes, I am as sure as you can be without actually trying it that it will play WMA's. It has the Windows WMA logo on it and I found the technical manual online which said it plays them. It also had the limitations like 255 files per folder, etc.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Mike
Banned

Thanks Mike... Yes, I am as sure as you can be without actually trying it that it will play WMA's. It has the Windows WMA logo on it and I found the technical manual online which said it plays them. It also had the limitations like 255 files per folder, etc.
:thumbup:
Old 03-17-2003, 12:42 PM
richtrader

I got the car and the player so I can answer my own question.

The display shows only disk and track number, just like playing a regular CD. Each folder on the CD counts as a disk, and each file is a track.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Mike
Banned

I got the car and the player so I can answer my own question.

The display shows only disk and track number, just like playing a regular CD. Each folder on the CD counts as a disk, and each file is a track.
That's pretty rediculous. Displaying ID3 tags is standard for all mp3 players. Oh well...