Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

www.ikesound.com

Old 02-10-2003, 07:34 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.ikesound.com

Anybody ever deal w/these guys? Are they a good e-tailer to deal with? Do they ship out in a timely manner and send you what you ordered?
Old 02-10-2003, 08:18 PM
civic_dude

yea, i just got a Pioneer TS-W254C sub from them through ebay,
$ 47 shipped. It was delivered in a timely manner, but the packaging could have been better. the sub sounds great !!!
Old 02-10-2003, 09:46 PM
MikesCommuter
As the ACCORD TURNS!

i got a pair of TYPE-R 12's from them..really cheap but it took them almost 2 weeks to send..other than that, the Alpines are still pounding like crazy!

Mike
Old 02-10-2003, 10:04 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

I dealt with them before. I got my package within a week and a half. So I give them an 'ok' in service. But like what civic_dude said, the packaging could have been better. When they sent me my deck for instance, they just put the box in a bigger box, LOL. Lucky there wasn't any damage to the product.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:22 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

be careful buying alpine products from any online source... as well as boston acoustics... those companies are very stingy about warranties... they track all their serial numbers, so they know where they were sold... they will not warranty any product sold over the internet, weather the seller says you get the full warranty or not... you wont.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:55 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

99% of 12volt products are null and void of warranty when purchased online because they aren't authorized dealers(regardless of what their site says). I know Rockford Fosgate will honor the warranty, but they do it a little differently. If you order some of their stuff from say bestdeals.com(just made that uph: ) you pay thier price and place order w/them, but in order for the warranty to be intact, you have to pick up the product at an authorized dealer.

I know I won't have a warranty on my speakers, and for $150, it doesn't really bother me, now if I was paying more than that, i'd have to bite the bullet and pay retail at a local dealer.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:06 AM
MikesCommuter
As the ACCORD TURNS!

Most E-Tailers will give you their own warranty...Most of the time you will have to SEND the unit BACK to the E-Tailers and they either send it in for repair or send you a new one.

Mike
Old 02-11-2003, 11:01 AM
barto

For you guys with warranty issues, go to www.nexxon.com they honor all manufacturers warranties. What I mean is that the items are warrantied through nexxon if is alpine, or another manufacturer that they are not an authorize dealer. BTW free shipping.