Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Infinity Kappas..

Old 01-19-2003, 09:32 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infinity Kappas..

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/INFKAPPA6925I

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/INFKAPPA4625CFP

these any good? they may be goin in a cavalier, thats why they are 4x6's.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:25 AM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, i would definately recomment infinity kappas. I have the reference series in my accord and they sound incredible. They are very efficient unlike some high end manufacturers because their RMS range is like 2watts to xxx(depends on which speaker) which means you can run it off a factory deck or amp safely. I recommend you get it from www.ikesound.com though because they sell at wholesale prices(i got all my sound stuff from them).
Old 01-19-2003, 11:11 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks dude.. are the kappa's above or below the reference series? (quality)
Old 01-19-2003, 11:19 AM
smakdown

The kappas are more expensive so I guess quality wise they are supposed to be above. Basically the only difference is that the kappa woofers are made from more durable material and kappa tweets are ceramic instead of dome (this is woofers as in for regular speakers not sub-woofers). So for woofer quality, yes they are probably better, but for the tweeters, i suggest you listen to both ceramic and silk (reference tweets) before you buy because there is a difference and some people will prefer one over the other. When i bought my speakers, the kappas were out of my price range so i was stuck with mine no matter if i liked them or not (i likem alot!).
Old 01-19-2003, 12:10 PM
KMFDM

have some kappas(6x9 3 way) and theyre nice, i think the kappa series are rated something liek 10 watts more than reference, these can get pretty damn loud w/o distortion. i got them from etronics.com, they got some good prices