Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

how to bridge?

Old 01-09-2003, 08:34 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to bridge?

Sup ppl.

ok here's the shizzle...

I've got a eclipse 3640 4 channel amp that powers about 40 watts x4 at 4ohms.

What will my power output be when I bridge it to 2 channels?

Image Dynamics sells 6 1/2 comps in 2 or 4 ohm models, can I pickup the 2 ohm model to get more power out of the amp or will that cause premature death to it?

Lastly.. how does one bridge a 4 channel to a 2 channel to power my fronts? Any wiring diagrams would be helpful.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:54 AM
b00gers

hmmmm...bridging is not really what you are looking for.

if you want to get the speakers in 2OHM, then do so. theres no special wiring needed. the amp will see the 2OHM resistance and change the power output accordingly. but you have to make sure that the amp will be able to take a 2OHM impedance.

to bride that amp:
you have this on the amp right now...

ch1 + -
ch2 + -
ch3 + -
ch4 + -

to bride that amp, you will use the + from ch1, and use the - from ch2 for one speaker. and do the same for ch3 and ch4.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

and you were trying to disprove a guy's theory on another thread when you can't figure out how to bridge an amp? Whew....impressive....

Now what you need to do is order 4 ohm speakers and then bridge the amp (follow will's description or look in the owner's manual for heaven's sake ). Otherwise your amp will see 1 ohm and fry!