Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Music cuts out

Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 AM
sqsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by russianpsyco
From the head unit I have an optical cable, TosLink, running to my theater amp. From the amp is an RCA running to my sub amp. The theater amp only puts out 60 watts RMS so im not abusing my speakers. I think I do need to turn my gain down, it is all the way up. Ill keep you guys posted
I am betting once you turn the gains down and set them correctly your problem will be gone.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
russianpsyco

Problem solved! I had no idea that the gain could have been the problem (obviously Im not very car audio smart). Thanks alot for your help guys!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Driver
slow lane cruiser

So glad to be a help man. Like SQ and I said running an amp wide open is not good. The Amp itself was recognizing that it was sending a way too powerful signal, thus it turns itself off for "Protection" of itself and the speakers.
Awesome you got it working man, now when its gets a little warmer out you can roll with the windows down like this
Have a good one brother.