Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help w/Alarm Issue

Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
jwallwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/Alarm Issue

Hey All,

I have a 98 Honda Accord EX Coupe V6. I have had an ongoing problem for about 3 years. I have an aftermarket alarm and a factory installed alarm. My alarm goes off at random times of the day and night. Sometimes 5 times in one day. I have had it into the dealer like 10 times. The aftermarket guys blame the factory alarm, and the dealer blames the aftermarket system. I don't care what the problem is I just want to disconnect both alarms.

Can some one tell me how to disconnect both a factory and aftermarket alarm system. Please help end my frustration.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Find the fuse, remove the fuse. At least for the aftermarket alarm that is.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:50 AM
InfoAudio01

There should be a blue wire in the drivers door that is the factory disarm wire. you will need to test this wire using a multimeter, if you are not familiar with a meter then you can take it back to the dealership or place where the aftermarket alarm was installed. once this wire is located, ground the wire and this will keep your factory alarm disarmed. also find the fuse for the aftermarket alarm as totalimmortal suggested and remove.

this will disarm both systems rendering your problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 AM
joslin1979

I have a 92 legend and the factory alarm keeps going off and none of the key sensors work. Just want to diconnect the factory alarm completly and be done with the deal. My car is sitting at my job and just want to get it home. Please can someone help me?