Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Got my Alpine 7897 *PICS* !

Old 02-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Mike
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by projekakkord
I dont have that problem on mine, it may be your burning software, or the burner you're using. How fast do you burn your cd's?
So far I've used Nero and Adaptec, burning at 4x.

Mike
Old 02-05-2003, 08:00 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

i burn my mp3 cds with nero at 8x and i dont have problems, the only problem with the alpine decks ive come across besides the grinding is that sometimes the mp3s will be out of order.

say folder 3 is my 8 mile soundtrack, track 2 will really be track 9 when playing through the alpine, its kind of annoying
Old 02-06-2003, 06:26 AM
projekakkord
Southernplayalistic

Originally posted by varyda
i burn my mp3 cds with nero at 8x and i dont have problems, the only problem with the alpine decks ive come across besides the grinding is that sometimes the mp3s will be out of order.

say folder 3 is my 8 mile soundtrack, track 2 will really be track 9 when playing through the alpine, its kind of annoying
Yea I get that too, but data cd's burn different than how you lay them out in the program for some reason. But what usually happens are tracks 10 and up usually end up being 1st, at least thats how mine turn out.

Mike, I dont know what to say about your mp3's skipping. I guess the next step would be to try different cd's maybe??
Old 02-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Mike
Banned

*update*

I got a hold of Alpine tech support and they weren't too helpful with detecting my problem. So they just told me to send it in to, United Radio Service. Before I go ahead and do so, I'm going to contact Alpine tech support again and ask them what brand of media they have successfully used when testing these mp3 decks. If they are unhelpful, then I will just send the stupid thing in.

I might get rid of the mp3 deck in favor of a HD which will be available from Alpine in the summer.

Mike