Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

i need YOUR opinions...

Old 12-10-2002, 08:24 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need YOUR opinions...

aight..my current system setup has an alpine Mp3 deck, 7995, a pair of 2 way speakers, 2 12" subs and 2 amps...after seeing many ppl have in dash monitor in their cars, i think i want one too and maybe an indash dvd player, even though i don't know if i will use them as often as a deck or not...
on the other hand, i can't see any reason for spending 1000 bucks on something UNNECESSARY. I mean how often will i ever watch movies in my car? once a month or NEVER...and my girl keeps telling me that my system is already good enough and a monitor in a car is a waste of money and it will be an eye candy to thieves blah blah blah. i think she is right at some points but i really think a monintor will look damn cool.
what should i do guys? what can i do with a monitor except watching movies and showing off? should i buy it?
Old 12-10-2002, 09:08 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

A monitor is very cool but definitely a theft magnet for already overly popular cars to steal....

But seriously though, it depends on you...

If your car is constantly parked in places that you don't feel that great about now, then I would just get over it and move on because having an addition $1G in car video stuff ain't gonna make you feel any better leaving your car parked there. Also, will your current alarm be good enough to protect these additional toys??? For me, if I put in a DVD player and screen, I'd want to have a whole bunch more features on my alarm like motion sensors outside, paging, etc... And like you said, would you seriously spend over an hour just sitting in your car to watch a movie??? Mostly likely not.... These items to me are like body kits and big rims - more for show only....

Again though, its your call....
Old 12-10-2002, 10:56 PM
steveng

i forgot to add..i don't have a garage and my car has been broken into in July, but ever since i have a stealth alarm with bunch of add-ons. anyway so ur conclusion on the monitor is it's for show, no practical use?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:34 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

I personally would defintely NOT put anymore audio/video stuff in my car if I didn't have a garage. And yes, to me, having that stuff is more for show and is not really practical...

On a side note, I saw some brotha's cruising is in an old Caprice and they had 2 lcd screens going. One was about 7" and the other one was the size of a laptop screen.... I was like ..... That thing was huge!!!! :chuckles:
Old 12-11-2002, 09:52 AM
plkalra

yes..screens, 19's, 18's, 17's, body kits are for show..but that's the whole fun..do what you want.

I dont' knwo where you are getting this 1,000 for. Overall, it should cost you about $200 for screen, and $150 for the portable dvd player, the 7995 has an aux port, so you can hook up into there. You could also hook up a camera to rear and use the lcd to see when you back up. You can play video games if you hook a gaming system. If you go on long trips w/ ur girl or family or friends, they would enjoy watchin' a movie i'm sure.

Many of the things we do on our car, we do for ourself, if you want an lcd/dvd, then do it, who cares what other people think!

oh yea, I have a 7" LCD!! and I love iT!..I don't regret putting it in either!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:44 AM
steveng

how am i going to hide the screen?
Old 12-12-2002, 09:44 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

You can't if its just a screen.... The Alpine's retract in but the face is still there, too..

It's up to you, but you know my opinion.....