Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

where can i get this..pic inside

Old 12-11-2002, 11:49 AM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get this..pic inside

fake deck cover

Old 12-11-2002, 12:14 PM
LjN_728

i think that's a fabricated cover
Old 12-11-2002, 12:45 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

that is damn tricky.. just get an old honda deck and cut the front off?
Old 12-11-2002, 01:28 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Originally posted by KRA
that is damn tricky.. just get an old honda deck and cut the front off?
I think so... i saw one on sound domain where the guy said he made it himself...... :dunno:
Old 12-11-2002, 01:51 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, thats fabricated... dosent do too much in that car though, the friggen monitor sticks out too much, so a real thief can see that its just a stick-on security cover. That, and the deck below it stands out like a sore thumb.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:11 PM
steveng

the pic was from sound domain. could it be the same guy?
cutting off the stock deck? doesn't sound too pleasant.
i think it looks damn real especially at nite when the light is dim. i really want to know where i can get it and meanwhile i will be searching around for it and post the result ASAP.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:17 PM
smokedogg

im not sure if u need to cut it off, it may just pop off depending on your car. I installed a deck in my ex's 97 civic ex that had factory keyless alarm & she wanted to keep it. part of what i had to do was keep her factory deck along with the aftermarket deck in her car. the face on her factory deck just popped off w/ a flathead screwdriver. (i had to do this in order to fit the factory deck behind the dash)

edit: when u pop it off, there is a connection that you have to carefully remove from the chip inside the deck
Old 12-11-2002, 03:17 PM
steveng

Originally posted by smokedogg
im not sure if u need to cut it off, it may just pop off depending on your car. I installed a deck in my ex's 97 civic ex that had factory keyless alarm & she wanted to keep it. part of what i had to do was keep her factory deck along with the aftermarket deck in her car. the face on her factory deck just popped off w/ a flathead screwdriver. (i had to do this in order to fit the factory deck behind the dash)

edit: when u pop it off, there is a connection that you have to carefully remove from the chip inside the deck
does this method only work on casssete player?

edit: i think i figured out how this can be done...i took a look at my factory cd player(double din size) and saw there are two screws holding the face cover. i took the screws off and tried to pop that thing out with NO SUCCESS. that is damn tight. thanx for the reply guys
Old 12-11-2002, 06:47 PM
smokedogg

yeah the one i did was a cassette so im not sure. sorry, i had forgot about the 2 screws, but yeah it took me a few minutes to figure out how much force i should use in prying the face off. i think i ended up breaking a plastic clip off while doing so.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:02 PM
2fastcivic

do you have a link to the pics on sounddomain? i want to check out all of his pics and his setup. or maybe you can tell me what to search under to find these pics.