Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Roll Up Windows using Alarm Remote

Old 12-08-2002, 05:12 PM
azn1028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Up Windows using Alarm Remote

I have a 98 accord sedan 4cyl. I bought an alarm with 2 extra buttons that can be used for remote start, trunk release, etc... i want one to roll the windows up and one to roll the windows down.. i guess i need a relay for each.. im wondering if anyone knows the wiring to do this (where the wires are located).. and also if i can use one relay for all 4 windows at the same time.. the only info i got from the install sheet for my car is this...

Window Up D\RED/BLU P\BLU/YEL D\RED/YEL P\RED/YEL
Window Down F\RE/YEL F\BLU/WHT R\RED/BLU R\RED/BLU

thanks in advance..

oh, yeah.. and i dont want to purchase a power window module cuz one module can only roll down 2 windows, or one window up and down.. any other way w/out frying my wiring??
Old 12-08-2002, 05:32 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

its a really good idea.. ive seen a truck where the windows go up after a certain ammount of time, when you shut the doors. no clue on how to do it, but let us know how it works out
Old 12-11-2002, 12:28 PM
accord99

You can a power window module at http://store.autotoys.com in the alarm department that will do 2 windows, up and down (automation module)
Old 12-11-2002, 02:29 PM
illusion

I use a pair of DEI 530T window modules for my four windows and one DEI 529T for my sunroof. Most window modules are two windows in one direction or one window in two directions. the 530T is two windows in two directions with a vent feature, if you trigger the up wire and immediately trigger the down wire it will roll them all the way up then vent them(open them like an inch). they also add one touch control to all windows(which is nice because I rigged a little button that I can hit and it rolls all 4 of my windows down and opens my sunroof with the tap of a button) I also put a toggle switch inline with the the trigger wire for the arming rollup so I can disable that. there's some days you just want to leave your windows down when you arm your alarm here's where I got mine from http://caralarm.zoovy.com/product/530T
Old 12-11-2002, 04:27 PM
azn1028

hrm... in my post i said

"oh, yeah.. and i dont want to purchase a power window module cuz one module can only roll down 2 windows, or one window up and down.. any other way w/out frying my wiring??"

basically im askin for a way to do it myself.. w/out buying a window module like the ones mentioned..
Old 12-11-2002, 05:02 PM
illusion

Originally posted by azn1028
hrm... in my post i said

"oh, yeah.. and i dont want to purchase a power window module cuz one module can only roll down 2 windows, or one window up and down.. any other way w/out frying my wiring??"

basically im askin for a way to do it myself.. w/out buying a window module like the ones mentioned..
no the problem with it is it won't know when you're window is up, the window module watches the current flow to the windows, and the second the window is all the way it stops itself, or if someone's arm gets stuck. In essence is watches the torque on the motor. If you did it with relays and some sort of timer, not only would it be cumbersome and a royal pain in the ass, you could risk damaging your window motors, or worse..
Old 12-11-2002, 05:24 PM
azn1028

so i guess like i said in the post.. there's no way other than the module.. otherwise i'll fry my crap.. i guess ill go out and get the module then.. thanks for the help
Old 12-11-2002, 05:53 PM
Dunbar

Get the 530T, great product!
Old 06-06-2004, 11:29 PM
one_stinky_bum

Originally Posted by illusion
I use a pair of DEI 530T window modules for my four windows and one DEI 529T for my sunroof. Most window modules are two windows in one direction or one window in two directions. the 530T is two windows in two directions with a vent feature, if you trigger the up wire and immediately trigger the down wire it will roll them all the way up then vent them(open them like an inch). they also add one touch control to all windows(which is nice because I rigged a little button that I can hit and it rolls all 4 of my windows down and opens my sunroof with the tap of a button) I also put a toggle switch inline with the the trigger wire for the arming rollup so I can disable that. there's some days you just want to leave your windows down when you arm your alarm here's where I got mine from http://caralarm.zoovy.com/product/530T
cool! Just what I want to do.